jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Analogy and AdSense Both On and Off Topic

1. 0
    Adam Yorkposted 8 years ago

Some of my hubs us an analogy to describe in simple terms a technical topic. How do I get AdSense to ignore the analogy?  I’m asking because the AdSense is on topic to the analogy but off topic to the hub. How are other people including analogies and keeping AdSense relevant?

2. quotations profile image94
    quotationsposted 8 years ago

Some ideas:

1. make sure that the title of your hub is descriptive of its content. Adsense places a lot of weight on this to decide what the page is about. A very accurate title may override the confusion caused by the analogy.

2. use title tags. Adsense also places a great deal of weight on these. So your analogy should follow a title tag within the article that makes it very clear what you are really talking about

3. do not place the adsense ad too close to the text containing the analogy. Adsense places more weight on text which is closest to the adsense code in deciding what ads to display. For example, if the text describing the analogy wraps around the adsense ad or is immediately to the left or right or above it, adsense will look to that text first in hopes of displaying ads relevant to what the reader is viewing. Try to keep the analogy farther away from the adsense code, and place text which describes what you are talking about in natural language closest to the adsense code.

Hope this helps.

1. 0
      Adam Yorkposted 8 years ago in reply to this

All very good suggestions that I will give a try. I appreciate the help!

2. 0
      Adam Yorkposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just an update!  I tried these suggestions and I have seen improvement. Thanks again for your tips! I appreciate it!