jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Promotion Routine and the Fine Line of Spamming

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Every day here is a brand new learning experience.  I have learned to write better, find key terms, refine my articles for profit, create RSS feeds, ping my RSS feeds etc... and yet I still feel jumbled.  I need a routine for the balance between promotion and writing.

Can you please share with me suggestions of what works for you?  On a daily, weekly basis?

Traffic on the weekends I have found slow so I have limited my promotions for only during the week.

Bing remains a site that I have not had allot of luck on as yet but perhaps it the volume on that site is so much lower than Google.

Any guidance for helping me set a more efficient and effective routine would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I was going to reply, then saw you had 100k views.  And I have 1k.  But as I'm here...

I did some 'promotion' for my web site on Facebook for a while.  Basically spamming, although I did it under a different name and said things like "have you seen this crap".  Is it guerilla marketing?  Probably not.

It was surprisingly unsuccessful.

Five weeks in on Hubpages and without doing anything I am now seeing little dribbles of traffic.  tbh there's not much point in promoting (for me) because once they have read it, they wont be coming back again.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

you don't need to ping your rss feed. It's a total waste of time. You can do well even without any promotion alike many others on HP. Most of the contents need around 3-9 months to see a surge in SE traffic. If you do your niche and keyword research well and wright rich content you are supposed to do well without promoting. Still if you are interested in promoting here are some tips:

~ tweet with has tags

~ make a backlinking starategy to get one way backlink http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Ultimate-Wr … -backlinks

~ maintain a spreadsheet to keep track of your linking and budget your time, maintain a regular routine

~ make forum posts, comment on blogs and get anchor text backlink

this is how to create anchor text backlink:

<a href=”your hub url”>keyword that you want to promote</a>

4. SEO Ibiza profile image61
    SEO Ibizaposted 5 years ago

if you Google "white hat link wheel" you will see a hub with an effective longer term forum linking strategy to hubs and resources.

http://www.google.com/search?q=white+ha … &pws=0