Newbies, when busy writing it is easy to forget the groups feature

1. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

The groups feature (in the my account page) is one I forget to visit at times.

However I have found it useful as a way of directing traffic, when someone reads your page there are to automatic links at the bottom to pages you have written and placed in the same group. They will be the ones in the group either side (above and below) in the list and they appear on the hub they are listed with (in the group) and are displayed on another of your hubs.

Hope that makes sense, I sometimes forget to allocate a new hub to a group, in which case it sits in the orphan hubs part of the group page and that is not helping it.

Another idea is to keep the hubs within their group but reposition i.e. move them within the list order, sometimes. I have helped some of my hubs get traffic in this way. Though obviously this is only traffic that is already visiting one of my pages, but it helps it flow to other hubs I have written.

Hope this is useful, just remembered it took me a while to figure this out when I was new here.

1. 0
      Toby Hansenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi 2uesday.

I am one of those who constantly forgets to use the group function. Quite often I find myself going back to a published Hub to add it to the appropriate group.

I think I am going to have to put a post-it on the monitor... "remember to group Hubs!"