Stolen Content

1. RGraf profile image84
    RGrafposted 5 years ago

I got a message that one of my articles could be duplicated on the web. I looked. Sure enough, one was copied and posted on a forum by a professor at a foreign university.

I have repeatedly asked that the material be removed. I get no replies. How do I go about getting it taken care of? It is not a blog in which I can contact Yahoo or Google.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Kick his Butt!! sad

If he is as he promotes himself to be then check him out via University Staff Lists - a public resource! Then Write to the Varsity Powers to be that he is Stealing Content and you want them to endorse his formal apology etc!

You Do Need to File the Appropriate Notification to the site also.. This covers you and forces the site to follow copyright protocol and take down the article. Best to do that before you try the Google etc thing!

Put the Thief's Details up here... so that you allow this thread to be a warning to others and a demonstration to the offending site that you can direct disrepute at them if they choose to host Stolen Content!

Don't Be Nice About It... It is Theft... Kick their Butts!!

So.... Who Are These Thieves? hmm

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Pearldiver has given you his opinion, and I basically agree. You will want to find out who the host is, as they are legally responsible to take the copied material down. You can search the WHOIS database, and there are other online resources to check for domain ownership and hosting provider.