jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How file names recycled?

1. snakebaby profile image75
    snakebabyposted 6 years ago

I wanted to write couple of hubs, the best names were gone; when I checked the hubs with those names, they were no longer published, yet the names were still being held. I wonder how those names can be re-used by other hubbers? How long the names would be in hold before they are released to the public? I'd like to know that so I can decide if I should wait for the names.

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
      TheRaptorClawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sandy could be right or you might jusy have to try to think of a better name.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image79
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Well, I know if someone deletes a hub, it stays there for 24 hours before it actually disappears. Maybe if you wait a day or so, then try again?

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will contact hubpages as website examiner suggested. Thanks!

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Hubs can be left unpublished indefinitely. Once they have been deleted, the titles should become available soon. You could contact HubPages and ask.

snakebabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right, reminded me that if a hub is merely unpublished, then the name should not be available for others to use. I do have to ask hubpages to find out if the hub was actually deleted. Thanks, website examiner, you always seem to get to the point and know all the stuff big_smile

working