jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

dashes in url

1. Product Zone profile image55
    Product Zoneposted 6 years ago

If I am targeting specific keywords/keyword phrases and I am putting them in my url when I create my hub should I put a dash (-) in between the words?

My question is in regards to SEO purposes. Lets say you are targeting a 3 or 4 word keyword phrase, do you think in Google it would rank better to have a dash in between the words.

For examplee

hubpages.com/hub/example-keyword-phrase    or
    hubpages.com/hub/ExampleKeywordPhrase

Thanks

1. profile image0
      Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The is no need to add the - to your title. When you write your title, it automatically puts a - between every word...

eg:
      hubpages.com.hub/title-of-your-hub

1. Product Zone profile image55
        Product Zoneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

how do you get to automatically put in the dashes, when I put in the title I then have to got put the url in?

What am I doing wrong.  I have seen before when setting up a hub that it will auto populate that area, but when I go in there now and put in the title and click "tab" it is not filling in the url for me. Should I just put it in manually and put the dashes in myself?

1. profile image0
          Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you click on start new Hub, you go to the HubTool.

As you type in the title that you want, watch the line underneath.

This is the url line.

You will see the url appear there as you type your title.

Make sure you do not write you title as one word or this will not work

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

From what I've read it doesn't make any difference either way for SEO purposes.

3. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Humans can probably read the URL more easily with dashes in it which they will do when deciding to visit your hub or not. I'm sure search engines are smart enough to break down the URL into the important keywords either way.

working