jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Halfway to payout!

1. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 5 years ago

I know I've been on here for about 2 years and probably most people would think that I should have made payout a LONG time ago.  But the truth is, I never put too much work into making money on Hubpages, because most of my writing is purely interest.  BUT, yesterday I checked my Adsense, just for fun, and holy crap!  I'm halfway to payout.  But the best part of all this is that it took 18 months to go from 0 to 8 dollars, but it only took two months to go from 8 to 50.  So for me, this is really awesome because I never actually expected to make anything.

Oh yeah, and my Amazon suddenly took off too!  25 items shipped in two months.  WOW!  Anyways, just had to share my excitement smile  This surprise couldn't have come at a better time of year.  Now to keep at it!  Happy Holidays everyone!

2. jenblacksheep profile image86
    jenblacksheepposted 5 years ago

congrats! I've only just reached my payout, and I've been here the same length of time as you. I've been really lucky this xmas, I was nowhere near payout before about October but over xmas it's really taken off and now I'm well over. I never thought I'd make it to pay-out but patience has paid off. You'll get there.

3. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, it's great when you start to see the 'snowball effect'.

I'm coming upto 18 months myself but only started writing seriously on Hubpages in Sept this year and made payout in Nov with over half the payout amount coming from Nov.

Seeing the money build is a real incentive to go futher and it sound like your first payout is just around the corner now which is brilliant.

4. Wendy Krick profile image48
    Wendy Krickposted 5 years ago

Contrats! Cre8tive is right. It really is a snow ball effect. It took me two years to get my first payout over this past summer. Then my second payout was two months later and then monthly.

I'm really excited for you!

5. Karanda profile image83
    Karandaposted 5 years ago

That is so inspiring to know someone who is achieving. I keep reading that it takes patience to be successful here. You have certainly proved that, well done, you must be thrilled.

6. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the congrats!  It always strikes me as funny that I could get so excited for 50 bucks and my husband even gives me those 'so what?' kind of looks every time I talk about it, but it really is an achievement isn't it?  Because every writer knows how hard it is to get paid for writing, and a great many writers never see a penny from their work.  So there you go, thats where the excitement comes from smile

7. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I think its marvelous Megs.  It's a total wonder to me as well. I get so psyched when I think that anything I write actually converts to money!

8. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

well done! i am just over halfway to pay out and starting to get a little excited as i get at least one click every day- nothing happenning on amazon, but patience required there

9. Tammy L profile image82
    Tammy Lposted 5 years ago

Great news! Congratulations.