jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to Make a Hub Better?

1. American_Choices profile image85
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

Dear HubPages Experts,

I spent hours on this and wish to make this as good as possible.  Can you please give me some tips?  It is a subject that I enjoy.

I was trying to add a poll question but don't know what would be appropriate.

Any suggestions, critique would be most appreciated.

American Choices

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Nice job on the hub, but it confused me... Is it trying to educate me on the history of luggage or sell the darn stuff to me? It felt almost as if an informative hub and a product hub had a baby. In either case, I would split this into two hubs: one informative and one "salesy" and link the two together.

And I found your first paragraph a little, well, belittling. It read to me like, "You big fat loser. You're not a millionaire so travel will always be out of your reach." Traveling is not that expensive and it is within reach of most Americans. I mean, I live outside of NYC and I fly to Los Angeles for around $250.

I also try to never have more than two paragraphs of straight text without breaking it up with a new section and section title, photograph or something else. Huge blocks of text are very intimidating to readers.

But all in all, good job!

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Excellent critique, lrohner, if I may say so.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks WE. smile