jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Ratio of Amazon to Adsense Earnings

1. Traqqer profile image79
    Traqqerposted 6 years ago

I haven't taken full advantage of Amazon affiliate marketing until recently. How do your earnings between Amazon and Adsense compare?

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine are pretty similar at the moment, however it is the holiday season so I expect that Amazon sales will slump for January probably and throughout the summer. My Google income probably will go down too, but I have a few niche hubs that should keep that ticking over....

...OK off to design my Valentine's Day, Easter hubs!!!!

2. bogerk profile image88
      bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In 2 months, I have yet to make a sale on Amazon and have only had "4 Click" (which I am assuming means that only 4 times has someone clicked on a Amazon product advertised on one of my Hubs).

Whereas I have made a little over $5 on Adsense in that time.

But, to be honest, at this point I have written a lot of Hubs directed strictly toward selling a particular product or group of products, which I think helps with Amazon.

2. tobey100 profile image62
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

I could care less about adsense.  I got dumpred the first week I was a hubber for some reason yet to be determined.  That was a year ago and still no explanation.  I'll stick with Amazon over anybody.  Adsense can bite me.  (I wish to God they could read these posts)

Traqqerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No explanation? Have you tried appealing to Google?

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Probably a poor time of year to be comparing the two.

Normally my adsense is 10 times my Amazon, but I've written a few sales hubs the past few months, and Amazon is now doubling my adsense.  My normal Amazon was around $6; Nov was $80 and December may match it.

As simey says, though, I expect Amazon to fall considerably in the next few weeks.

OK, thanks for the input.

1. jpwriter profile image76
        jpwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One thing I found really helpful is to use different tracking IDs on HP and any other site that you use for Amazon. 

Until I realized I could do that I didn't know that this site is currently better for Amazon (mainly because of the way we can place it I think) than InfoBarrel. 

I wish the on page Adsense optimization was better here.  If it were then you'd see a jump in your Adsense earnings. 

I think the best thing I can do though is optimize for both Amazon and Adsense.  Overall I make way more on Adsense, but I've gotten some really nice surprises with Amazon.

4. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

October, November and December they are about even but normally I have higher Adsense than Amazon.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

My adsense earnings are usually about 4 times my Amazon earnings...except for this month where they are about 30 times my Amazon earnings smile

1. Teddletonmr profile image80
      Teddletonmrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have yet to make a dime on either. I jus keep trying to learn what and how to do all this. Any help would be great, thanks...

6. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Amazon is so worth it. It can be a bigger money maker than adsense, but it all comes down to luck. However I think Amazon will only improve as more people begin to use it.

They are about 50/50, but I have a feeling I may do better with Amazon. It is a wildcard, that is for sure.

7. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

so far, the ratio of Amazon to Adsense is almost even....very unusual for me..big_smile

8. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Amazon-Adsense: 0-0

1. ThomasE profile image80
      ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you considered making a product? If you can't get Amazon or adsense membership, selling a product will still make you money.

9. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I earn a lot more on Amazon than on Adsense, looking to even up things a little bit in 2011.

Aren't you afraid that if you make your hubs/articles too specific toward certain products (e.g., to sell them on Amazon), they will become outdated quickly?

1. thisisoli profile image56
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not if you choose evergreen products, or even products that are still viable for several years.

10. humagaia profile image72
    humagaiaposted 6 years ago

"Aren't you afraid that if you make your hubs/articles too specific toward certain products (e.g., to sell them on Amazon), they will become outdated quickly?"
    No, just choose good products that are evergreen. If they become defunct or superceded then it takes just a few minutes to change (maybe half an hour).
    Adsense to Amazon ratio - just started on Amazon, but reckon that, if I produce enough Amazon hubs then earnings from that are potentially much greater.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

1 : 1.5 adsense to amazon

12. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

1:50 approximately

13. PurpleOne profile image89
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

2:3 Amazon to Adsense

working