Hub disappearing from Google

1. gogetter profile image61
    gogetterposted 8 years ago

My hubpage has disappeared from google.  I used to be about 2-4 on the first page of  google but in the last week it has dispeared - ever if I type in the url it does not come up in google.  Does anyone know what this would happen and will it ever come back?

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

No and probably.  No one knows exactly why Google indexes what it does and why: if you type in into google and it cant find you aren't indexed.  Most of the time my hubs get indexed within 24hr and stay indexed but my headscarf hub hasn't got indexed yet and its been a month! Its entirely dependent on keywords and competition: though tying a headscarf is NOT a high competition niche LOL

Google likes news: a new hub is news: you may rank well for a week or 2 and then drop right down or get indexed: normally you come back in about another month or so.  My vacation tips hub was deindexed for about 6 weeks now its #1 or #3 most days: go figure

It may matter that you have backlinks to the hub but for hubs I don't think it matters that much as hubpages has quite a good internal linking strategy : the hub is on your best/new/hot lists. 
    Some comments on it might help too - reminds google that it exists.

3. gogetter profile image61
    gogetterposted 8 years ago

Thats what so strange as this is an old hub and before it disappeared it had a PR of 2.