jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to react when...

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

A fellow worker makes negative presumptions about what sort of person you are?
    Today one senior worker decides to take his bad day out on me by saying I was 'crafty for taking another workers share of the paperwork' when a supervisor told me to.
    He knows I don't particularly like working there, but he doesn't know anything about me and gets offended because I don't part-take in much of the conversation of the workers.
    I hate being labelled a troublemaker just because I'm younger and quieter, guess I just have to ride the waves until the beginning of April when I go travelling for a year to work online more, huh?

1. 60
      C.J. Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How, is not the best question. Why, is the better question. What is also a good question. Why react? What do you hope to accomplish by doing so. Measure those answers and I think you'll find that there is no reaction required of you.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You are doing what your boss told you to.  No need to explain that.  IMHO it is never a good idea to get caught up in office politics/gossip/griping.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I kind of let it boil over after, I was fuming though. I was having a good day up until I heard him say that, he told me I couldn't help them with their paperwork either and the boss sent me over to help them. I shouted back at him but guess you get bitter people in admin jobs and its not worth it.
    So glad I won't be there in 3 months or so..

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
      Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, your story is different Richie, I've never heard of of a worker jealously guarding their paperwork.  Heck if he wanted them, I'd send him mine. I've got a mountainfull.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
        Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

He just wanted to have a go at someone Flightkeeper, also work has been quiet recently because deliveries can't get to the distribution centre lol so he was worried he wasn't going to get his hours in.
        I've chilled out now Im home, not long til April, just hope my application for gap year is approved smile