Are These The Correct Article Links Rules?

1. jpwriter profile image76
    jpwriterposted 5 years ago

I read somewhere that we could use 2 outbound links in our article.  I've been scouring the site for the terms of service on linking but I can't find the answer.  I've viewed several things in the Hub University so now I'm coming to the community for the specifics.

One of my earlier articles was put back to draft because I used the "link" feature and posted 2 links in the content.  I was actually happy to see they had some type of review process and didn't mind fixing it at all.

I read somewhere that the outbound link limit is 2 per domain and not 2 total.  Is this correct? 

For example:  Can I post an article that has 1 link to my HP article, 1 link to InfoBarrel, 1 link to Wikipedia, and 1 link to Amazon or some other random site?

I have enough articles up now that I've learned many site features.  My first several articles are usually a little rough as I bump through the features and acclimating to the site.  I think I'm ready to go now though and I don't want to be breaking the rules.

Help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The rule is not 2 links per hub; it is maximum 2 links to the same domain in each hub. You can have links to multiple domains, provided they are relevant to the contents of your hub. Be careful about linking to the same domain in all or across multiple hubs.

1. jpwriter profile image76
      jpwriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you!

exactly what I needed