jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

My quiz won't show =/

1. S.Graveson profile image76
    S.Gravesonposted 6 years ago

I've just written a 30 question quiz and it won't show on the preview, I can't edit it (as the questions don't show) and I can't seem to do anything to bring it back. On the side preview thing (where it shows what should go where) it shows the first question, so it is still saved I imagine. Any ideas?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're looking into it.  The data for the questions and answers does appear to be intact, so we will probably be able to repair it for you ...

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I haven't used many quizzes, but I didn't realize you could have that many questions in one quiz capsule.  In fact, for some reason I thought that there was only one question per box.  Could that be the problem?

I know that with some (maybe all) capsules there is a box that you can check that says to hide the capsule.  Is it possible that that box somehow got checked by accident?  If so, then the capsule should still be available for editing, but it wouldn't show up in the preview.

I'm really just guessing here, but those are two possibilities I can think of.

ETA:  Ooooppps.  You did say that you couldn't edit it.  Sorry.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Here's one more thought.  The layout on the right side (in editing mode) will stay the same even after some changes have been made, until you click on "save changes" (or whatever the exact words are).  Is it possible that the quiz capsule really isn't there, after all?  I've never lost a capsule, but there are occasional glitches of different kinds, so maybe something weird has happened to it.

4. S.Graveson profile image76

I've had quizzes with 20 something questions, so I don't think that'll be the problem. The Capsule is there even after login out and back in =/

5. S.Graveson profile image76

It popped up, I went to change an answer and then it went again sad

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have been trying to repair your quiz, which is likely why you saw it appear and then disappear. We will try to have it repaired by tomorrow, if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience!

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 6 years ago

Ok, that quiz is working now.  We're still trying to figure out what caused the problem to begin with, however ...

1. S.Graveson profile image76
      S.Gravesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you :-)

7. classicalgeek profile image89
    classicalgeekposted 6 years ago

Just to let you know, my quiz is affected, too (http://hubpages.com/hub/education-in-the-middle-ages). I hope they will be fixed soon, so I can add quizzes to a bunch of my hubs! I finished the hub and published it, and on both the preview and the finished version there is only a big white square, which is covering up part of the next text capsule.

8. S.Graveson profile image76

Another one(Lightweight one) is either disappearing or showing 50 questions (repeating each one).

9. DarkSinistar profile image88
    DarkSinistarposted 6 years ago

I am having a problem with the quiz on my new hub as well where it only has 14 questions but is showing 26 with several questions repeating. In edit mode it looks perfect but is wacky in the public view.

working