jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Anybody else Snowed in? and off work? UK

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Drove my car out of my street an hour ago and couldn't get up the hill, car is now stuck by the side of the road, wheels kept spinning. Maybe if I had parked behind our house I may have had a chance of getting on the main road but I doubt it, theres no way to prepare for this stuff!

2. cre8tive profile image80
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

I've got snow but I wouldn't say I was snowed in and luckily I don't have to drive anywhere today as I work from home anyway.

I've had to defrost the the lid of my wheelie bin this morning as it was frozen solid but so far that's all ~ and I'm quite happy for it to stay like that.

Hope you get your car out soon.

3. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 5 years ago

It's been such a cold winter already, and it's not even Christmas, yet!

We're not snowed in here in central London, but it's on the nippy side.

4. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

There's a frosting of snow on the roofs this morning in Herts, but there is more forecast for later this morning and heavy snow tomorrow

5. cre8tive profile image80
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

It's started snowing again in Bedfordshire.

6. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 5 years ago

No sign of snow here (Leeds). There was a tiny bit yesterday but it was mainly rain and today is bright blue skies!

7. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

So your all pretty much ok! Its just me hmm

8. lyndre profile image82
    lyndreposted 5 years ago

Arrived home from working in Africa last night with no jacket, didn,t realise how cold it was in UK.Had to get a taxi home from Edinburgh airport to Glasgow, thought I was going to freeze.

9. Laura Marie profile image11
    Laura Marieposted 5 years ago

I am not snowed in here in Northern Ireland, but driving conditions are not good. Most people are staying indoors. Even the local taxi firms are putting their taxis off the road. I am heading out for dinner in an hour, not sure I am wise heading out. But wont be a late one incase car gets stuck somewhere.

10. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 5 years ago

I'm sitting in my study in central London, and listening to the odd brave soul crunching along outside. It's freezing hard, and there's snow all over the roads. We don't live on a main thoroughfare, but it's not a dead end or lane either, and there's snow everywhere!

11. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Been snowed in is very unusual here on the Isle of Man, as we don't normally see much of the white stuff on the island, but we must have had a good 5 inches here.  Looks very pretty, but a real bug*er to drive in.

Still being all day gave me a good chance to stay in to finish and post two new Hubs....

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Adventures- … rens-Story

http://hubpages.com/hub/Resolutions-Aim … -next-year

... and if I get stuck in tomorrow (which looks highly likely at the moment) might even get another finished..

David smile