jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Adsense Channels

1. Enni82 profile image86
    Enni82posted 6 years ago

So I've done some reading but still confused how the adsense tracking works. The more I read the less I feel I understand... I added a few of my hubs to the url channels but I don't want to track hubs individually. I want to track them all at once. At least to get started, can I just add a channel hubpages.com to track them all?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your assertion about hubpages.com is absolutely correct. You may however want to take the logical next step and set up Google Analytics, which takes much less time than setting up individual channels for each hub and which also gives a good deal more information.

Enni82posted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK thanks for the help. I have integrated my Adsense and Analytics accounts, I just don't know how to use either of them yet. Slowly learning...

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good! Then Analytics is automatically tracking each and very hub for you.

Great.. So your implying the adsense channel tracking tool isn't useful?

1. profile image0

First, let me add that I assume that you have activated Google Analytics in your HubPages control panel.

Lots of revenue-conscious hubbers have set up separate AdSense channels for their hubs even though they have Analytics. I imagine it saves them some clicks and time to check stats in the long run.

Indeed I have...

Thank you for the insight!

1. profile image0

Of course. You are very welcome.

3. surf traveler profile image87
    surf travelerposted 6 years ago

I use analytics for analysing my hub traffic.  It doesn't show me which hubs receive the adsense clicks.  It is my understanding that I can only link adsense to one analytics account. I have adsense/analytics linked to a different website. Therefore, I have each of my hubs set up as separate url channels in adsense.

working