jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

New Years Eve.....

1. vicki simms profile image74
    vicki simmsposted 5 years ago

Is everyone going out on new years eve to celebrate or will you be staying in and hubbing on here? I do hope that some of you are staying is otherwise I will have no-one to talk to sad My husband is a "doorman" so has to go and work which leaves me in on my own looking after the kiddies - Who's with me?

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

I'll be in NYC. However, I don't think I want to wander over to Times Square. WAY too many people there....I'll be out and about this year, which is a change from the last few.

I had lots of New Year's Eves with the kids. We invited other young families to join us and we had a great time. Is that a possibility for you?

3. vicki simms profile image74

I think i've left it a bit late now but certainly something to think about, thanks

How amazing being in NYC, I went there a few years back (not for new years eve) and I loved it. I would live there if given the chance smile

4. Aya Katz profile image90
    Aya Katzposted 5 years ago

I'll be celebrating the new year at home in the pens with Bow. A primatologist's work is never done.

5. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Some friends of ours have the tradition that on New Year's Eve they stay "in" with their children and work jigsaw puzzles.  Every year - just their family.  The oldest is now a freshman in high school, so I can see the possibility that the tradition will change, but it still seems like a fun thing to me, for those who don't want to or who can't get out and party. 

Other friends of mine always allowed their school-age kids to stay up until midnight, then go outside and beat / bang on pots and pans to welcome the New Year.  Fun for those who don't do fireworks.

I'll probably be hubbing in the evening, after about 9 or so.  Maybe we'll bump into each other!

6. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I never go out on new years eve. Getting stuck in traffic and being shoved around by drunks are not my idea of fun.

I'll stay home and listen to all the fireworks people set off around here. hmm

7. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 5 years ago

We are having a big party at home, so everyone can come with their children. Why don't you organize something in your place with other friends or family?

8. Greek One profile image82
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

i'm going to be drinking in my garage... typical day

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol.  That's class.

9. vicki simms profile image74

Some good ideas, think I may do a spot of writing while I have a drink however, I wont publish till new years day, goodness knows what I would write if I have a few too many big_smile

10. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I usually like to stay home, too many bad experiences on New Years Eve smile

1. vicki simms profile image74
      vicki simmsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lol, do we dare ask of your bad experiences!