Proud to be an American.

1. Seazoria profile image60
    Seazoriaposted 8 years ago

I hope that all of us realize just how lucky we are to live in America. Wow the fourth of July is a very good time to reflect upon and celebrate  the official birth date of the United States of America and the accomplishment of participating in the constant pursuit of  living in the American dream.  As residents of the global community it is a very comforting feeling knowing that we can call America home, "Home sweet Home"

Most of us do not realize just how fortunate we are to be Americans. This is the land of opportunity, let freedom ring. I am proud to be an American. We should all feel very great full and blessed to proudly make that this most powerful statement which is " I am an American"

Tonight if you think you can hear a distant voice its me. I will be me screaming at the top of my lungs from the highest mountain top that " I am proud to be an American"

I hope all of you had a terrific and memorable 4 th of July holiday weekend

Best wishes to all

2. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

I AM proud to be an American too. I believe it is a spiritual thing.

Anyone who comes to America for want of a better life, knows somewhere deep in their soul, maybe not consciously, that there are principles in America that are not found elsewhere in the world, except in places and people that are having to learn about what freedom really means and what a republic democracy really means (which I think is many these days) because there is a spiritual movement of souls worldwide seeking who and what God truly is about, not just what some say through religions.

America just happened (according to the Universal/God's plan)to be founded upon those principles and all other countries seeking something similar learned are learning from it.

There is much that is not right with the way people have interpreted and taken action based on their perception of those American principles. But I believe it is best to focus on the positive to enable us to work out the negatives.

Very few of us are totally perfect in our understanding of those principles.

God Bless America! Happy 4th of July to All, as well!

3. 0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 8 years ago

I am indeed proud to be an American, but for me America is not just a bunch of freedoms, America is the effort it takes to get and also to KEEP those freedoms.  America is an ideal, an ideal that goes back to the time of our founding fathers and which was initiated by and for Americans. 

That liberty can erode if it is not fought for, (and I am not talking about overseas).  The right of every American man, woman, and child to engage in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is much more than just an emotion for me that I feel on the Fourth of July.  It is far more, it requires effort and work to be realized, and for me the Fourth of July is when I kick back and look back on what I and others have done for our country in the past year to try and make it better, and not merely what we have done to better ourselves and those we love (which any person does in any country).