jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to get your hub ranking well in google

1. andrews profile image60
    andrewsposted 8 years ago

How do you get your hub to rank well for your chosen keywords? Ive optimized a few test articles with 5% keyword density beating my competitors but it's not getting me anywhere. Is there anything else you can do?

2. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Step 1) Write something useful. Make sure its unique.

Step 2) Get some quality backlinks using descriptions or blurbs which are also original.

Step 3) Repeat Step 1.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Andrews, all your articles seem to be about making money online.  That is a popular subject, but there's an awful lot of competition out there!   

You say you grew up in South Africa.  How about writing some travel Hubs about it?  It's an exotic place that many people would be interested in.  Or write about parenting.  Or moving from one country to another - the logistics of doing so, culture shock, settling in, etc.

You have a lot of material to write good, evergreen content!

4. MarcNorris profile image77
    MarcNorrisposted 8 years ago

You can also do things like blogging about your hubs, tweeting about it (on Twitter), directory submissions, social bookmarking, submit the RSS feed to feed directories, etc.

Basically, you have to treat it like a normal website and promote it, promote it, and promote it some more.

5. andrews profile image60
    andrewsposted 8 years ago

Thanks all for the tips!

Marisa in all honesty, I don't know why I never thought about writing about South Africa before! I have plenty to tell as far as the culture goes. Thanks

I wonder whether this kind of topic could go for a niche?