jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)

How can i get more traffic for my hubs?

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
    TheRaptorClawposted 5 years ago

Ok, so i really want to know how i can get more traffic to my hubs. I know i have to write a hub people want to read and yes i take part in the hub community but i am pretty new to this. What websites do you people use to attract traffic? Please help!

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are 2 types of traffic

1. From HubPages Community

You can do that by writing, comments to other hubs, participating forums, Q&As and link to other hubs.

2. From outside HP

Put on Facebook, Twitter, Other social media, Blog posts, leave comments on other blogs with your hubs as a linkback.

It is long process but works.

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
        TheRaptorClawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks but i got number 1 down. It's your second answer that i am looking for. What websites do you people use aside from Facebook and Twitter and StumbleUpon?

1. 6stringmethod profile image61
          6stringmethodposted 5 years ago in reply to this

linkedin.com is a great place too..just find the groups that relate to your topics and of course use the same methods as in any other community/social media sites. Post comments and participate in forums and other sources as much as possible.

2. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to the learning center and read this up .. covers the whole subject

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/cate … g-traffic/

3. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does that mean that nothing listed in your hubs on making money online works for you?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol don't tell it misha, he will be disheartened. Newbies think that writing on "how to make money" topic can bring them more earning and followers. its not a sin. sad

I wrote a hub on "keyword development and placement for your website" that I myself don't understand well yet lol lol [the website part] though I understand keyword research far better than earlier now.

4. 61
      rieomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As a new hubber, I learned from this question.  Thanks everyone.

2. steffer profile image58
    stefferposted 5 years ago

Pinging your hubs, might also help out, i do it all the time.
    many people think it's only for blogs, but it works for hubs.

every time you made a new hub, you have the chance to advertise your hub trough facebookl or twitter, do this!

it will not always bring you traffic, but it is a fast and free way.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks, steffer.  I just discovered ping and I was wondering if it works for hubs too.  I haven't seen any changes yet in the hubs I had pinged, but I'll continue pinging.  Every little thing helps

3. Valeed profile image81
    Valeedposted 5 years ago

Hi! welcome to HP smile
    I have seen your hubs and they are very well written. I know you have asked a question about how to increase traffic using other sites. But I will not be answering about that as it has been answered. The only thing I will do is that I will suggest you to  consider writting longer hubs and with headings that are highlighted. I have noticed that you have not entered your headings in bold characters which makes it hard for the reader to notice them.
    To improve on your HP score consider suggesting links after you have published your hub. You can do that right now also.
    wish you all the best smile Happy Hubbing!

4. Sneha Sunny profile image86
    Sneha Sunnyposted 5 years ago

you can post the links of your hub to your friend's, family member and to all known person to their email address....
    you can also add the links to your facebook and twitter account..........

1. Teddletonmr profile image82
      Teddletonmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good keywords, content and your unique point of view...Check out the share button at the bottom of your hubs. I hope this helps, make it great day, happy new year and have a Merry Christmas.

5. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

simply do better keyword and niche research > post fresh and quality hub that has 600 words at least and wait until your hubs get matured.

6. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

HubPages is built to be a "hub".  To get more traffic, three items must be directed to your Hub:

1.) Internal HP - comments, forum
    2.) Social - Facebook, Twitter, etc...
    3.) External writing sites - EZine, SheToldMeSo, Ehow, etc...

Writing on Hub Pages is demanding but the reward both in the conversations and learning you will have and the possible income are achievable IF you are tenacious. 

It is not a quick win.  You must work at it consistently.

7. zuky123 profile image61
    zuky123posted 5 years ago
  8. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I don't believe nobody has mentioned search engine traffic here?

Search engine traffic is 100% what you should be aiming to achieve.  Social media doesn't do much for that, Hubpages traffic doesn't convert well. These are Marketing Techniques, and while they can work, you actually need something to 'market' for it to be really beneficial.

You should be writing on external sites such as article base, eZine articles and This is Freelance to procure backlinks to your hubs, but this is to help your overall SEO, not so much for traffic.

1. nell79 profile image85
      nell79posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the part I've got to work on sad

9. Don Simkovich profile image59
    Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago

Good point, thissoli and the answers are useful, too. My advice is to look for 3 to 5 blogs or websites that relate to your Hubs and then participate in those sites by leaving comments using your Hub as a url.
    I write about business topics which are highly competitive. I've done this on occasion but I'm going to do more for some of my underperforming Hubs and then I'm going to make an effort to stay involved in those sites so I'm really participating and not spamming. Of course, you could do more than 3 to 5 but I don't think most people would have time to participate in 7 to 10 sites.

10. iceangel profile image60
    iceangelposted 5 years ago

commenting on other peoples hubs,blog post and website will help.
    also visit www.google.com/addurl
    trafficg.com/?member=iceangel register there and your on for great traffic to your hubs.

Also sharing and tweeting of your latest and older hubs on facebook and twitter will help you a lot.Another wonderful way is my creating backlinks to your hubs will really go along way.

Hope you found this useful.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks iceangel, this is helpful for me too.

11. DonnaWallace profile image90
    DonnaWallaceposted 5 years ago

These are all great ideas. Thank you for the valuable tips! I'm also trying to increase my traffic, and your ideas are going to be very helpful.

12. shimmering Dawn profile image84
    shimmering Dawnposted 5 years ago

I have learnt a few things from here thanks.

13. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!  I have been here two months and I am still learning.  Thanks for your question.. I've learned a few things from the comments here too.

14. dandan594 profile image55
    dandan594posted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub on this subjects that you may find very useful - <a href="http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Build-Natural-Free-Website-Traffic-And-Visitors">Here</a>

15. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

redgage.com, shewrites.com, advice.com are just a few, but I understand there are do follow sites that are the best - look for those...