jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Too Many Hubs, Not Enough Hits!

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

I felt like writing about something I was really passionate about. However, the topic is fairly well covered. Anyone have any idea how I can make it unique? With keywords to match?

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 5 years ago

Sophia - I'm not exactly an expert on keywords, I've still got a lot to learn, but here's what I noticed in reading over your hub/ a technique that worked for me.

A lot of folks here are VERY good at keywords.  They can use the keyword tools and incorporate them into their hubs as they write.  This seemed very unnatural to me to start - even though its probably the best technique.  When I first started integrating more keywords, I returned to a few hubs that I thought had good content.  I tried to read them with a new eye, and thought, if I was looking for this information, what questions would I ask? (What would I type into a google search?)

I would write down these questions and then use the google keyword tool and compare what I found there with what I had written.

(For example - for your article,  I might ask "How can I protect my skin from wrinkles and aging?"  So, I might try to use wrinkles and aging in my hub content.  But, if I found that google keywords told me that "anti-aging" was actually a better choice, I'd gear things towards wrinkles and anti -aging instead.)

Also, remember to use your headings to your advantage.  Choose the words you use in those carefully.  And, lastly, you've only been here for 3 weeks.  It takes time for your hubs to really get out there... a little aging will probably help.  (No coconut oil for those hubs then, eh? lol tongue )

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! You've just made me laugh... smile

I will do exactly as you say. Didn't even remotely occur to me.

Yes, it does take time. I'm working hard at it, though. So, I guess I'm trying to do as much as I can, and to do it properly! smile

3. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 5 years ago

Glad it helped Sophia.  You seem like you are working hard at it, keep that up, and it will get easier in no time! big_smile

4. 6stringmethod profile image60
    6stringmethodposted 5 years ago

Use Google Keyword Tool http://www.googlekeywordtool.com/  just type in a keyword related to your topic and it will tell  you the ones that are searched more often.