jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Unavoidable Repetitive Content

1. bogerk profile image84
    bogerkposted 6 years ago

I have an idea for a few product review type Hubs, although I fear the content for each one will be extremely repetitive and almost identical to the rest.

For example, if I were to write a "Boston Red Sox (Product) Review" and then write a "New York Yankees (Product) Review" for the same product the content would be almost identical with the only difference being the team names throughout.

Would this be a problem in terms of SEO? I know Google likes unique copy?

1. simeonvisser profile image89
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are both products that similar then? I'm sure you can rephrase the content a bit and focus on different aspects of the products. If it's too similar Google probably won't like it, in particular if it's little more than find / replace of product names.

1. bogerk profile image84
        bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would be something like "New York Yankees Gift Ideas" for example and then a few Amazon links and then "Boston Red Sox Gift Ideas" and then a few Amazon links, but the general idea of the content would be pretty similar throughout.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Since much of the content would be the same, why not just create one hub instead of multiples?  If I were looking for Yankees gift ideas I wouldn't be offended if I found an article that had multiple teams listed.  I don't see the benefit of having multiple hubs about the same type item, but with different team names.  The keywords are still there to be found by search engines whether it leads them to 10 different articles or one.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Something else I thought about......just to make you think....

What if you owned an advertising firm and the Yankees came in and paid you to write an ad for them to promote their products, then the Red Sox saw the ad and thought, "hey, we like that, wonder if he'd write something similar for us?"?   However, they would only pay you if the ad was completely different.  Could you do it?   I'm betting you could.   That's your assignment here.  Write very similar ads, but make them completely different.  Write as if thousands of dollars depend on it.

working