jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How about a Guestbook?

1. profile image0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Wouldn't it be cool if we had a way of knowing which hubbers have visited our hubs? I mean could HP implement something like Classmates.com has where every visit signs a virtual guestbook, and if the person visiting someone's page doesn't want them to know they were there, they can opt out of "signing the guestbook"?

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
      Quilligrapherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't the comment box accomplish this?

1. profile image0
        Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not quite the same thing. People have to actually make a comment for you to know they read one of your hubs. With the Guestbook application that the Classmates website has, the site tracks you as soon as you visit someone's profile without you doing anything. If you don't want someone to know you visited their profile, there's a box you can check so that the person doesn't know you were there.

1. camlo profile image85
          camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd always be forgetting to check the box when I don't want people to know I've been there.
          I think it's a fun idea, though.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Classmates.com is an annoying site. I'd rather we not have a guestbook here. Save that for your own website.

What difference does it make if you know who visits your hub or not?

1. camlo profile image85
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not a lot.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I prefer to have most of my traffic from outside of HubPages - which is what is happening right now.  I'm always delighted when Hubbers comment on my Hubs, because the others (outsiders) don't usually do so, even though it is possible.

I guess the idea sounds more like a social networking site than like HubPages.  It's fun in some circumstances, but not suited to every site.

4. simeonvisser profile image89
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

I guess it's nice to have but I could live without it. The community on HubPages consists mostly of commenting on hubs and the forums.

1. profile image0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand, folks. I just put my ideas up whenever I think of  'em and let the rest of the HPers be the judge. wink

Is HPers a word? LOL

1. simeonvisser profile image89
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess it is now haha! But I think the word Hubbers is more commonly used.

working