jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

First Amazon Sale

1. lindajot profile image82
    lindajotposted 5 years ago

I was quite surprised to see my first Amazon sale!  I'd quit looking everyday as it gets you kinda down when day after day nothing happens, even though I know it can take time.
    It was a very nice surprise. 
    I didn't start Hubpages to write product sales pages, but we could sure use the extra dollars, and they really are fun to write - guess I'll just mix it up with informational, creative, and sales.

1. 0
      cookingdivaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I am sure more to follow! Happy Holidays!

2. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

When I first started, I actually made more from Amazon in the first few months, but I noticed that as I wrote more hubs, my adsense really started to grow.  With the start of the holidays in October, Amazon earnings has really grown for me.  Most likely it will go down again in January.

3. lindajot profile image82

Eek, going down from one sale will hurt smile
    Well, I've only been here a couple months - lots of room for growth.

4. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Don't worry, your hubs are relatively new, they're less than two months old. As your hubs age and google finds your hubs, you'll start getting more clicks.  But continue to write and having a good mix of hubs is very strategic.

5. PurpleOne profile image89
    PurpleOneposted 5 years ago

Congrats! It is quite a rush to get that first sale.

6. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

Congratulations.  It's quite a buzz isn't it?
    Actually I gave up looking for a long while and then one day I clicked on the link and I had four sales and they'd already been delivered!  I was that excited, you'd think I'd won the lottery. lol

7. Don Ship profile image81
    Don Shipposted 5 years ago

Congrats, Lindajot!
    I'm sure many more will follow!
    Happy Hubbing! smile

8. Crewman6 profile image89
    Crewman6posted 5 years ago

I got my first Amazon Check ($11) just a couple of weeks ago.  My wife and I had a big celebration!  But like you, I started doing a lot of product pages a month ago, and since then, sales have improved a lot.  You're right about both... the extra money is nice, and if you write about things you enjoy, product pages can still be fun.  I like toys and gadgets, so I pick things to write about that appeal to me.
    Good luck, and keep writing!

9. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 5 years ago

10. lindajot profile image82

Hey, thanks all!  This is a great place to be smile

11. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, you never know when a buyer comes a long who wants to buy a product from Amazon.

12. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Congrats!! So glad I found this thread because about an hour ago I JUST signed up for Amazon... I had been very hesitant, and had only been sticking with Adsense, but I figured why not give it a try!
    So we'll have to wait and see...
    Good for you, though!

13. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 5 years ago

Many congrats, it's such a good feeling isn't it! It took me a lot longer then two months to get my first amazon sale, very well done. smile

14. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 5 years ago

Congrats, hope there is more to come.