jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Long urls - Do they help in search?

1. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Page titles and keywords help in searches. What about our hub url?

For example: if this is the page title Please note that advertising and promotional posts in the forums will be deleted do you leave it the same for url? (hyphens will be added) Or do you shorten the url?

Which is better?

2. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Please...somebody answer me smile

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

You can shorten the url as much as you want. I think as long as you try and keep at least one keyword phrase that it would be okay.

4. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Thanks UW smile

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Having your keywords in URL does help a bit - but I wouldn't kill myself over it, it's way less important than title smile

6. johnr54 profile image51
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

The most important on page factor for search optimization is the Title.  The most important overall factor for Google is the anchor text of the links pointing to your page, that is the text in the link to your page.  For Hubpages, the internal links are all the same as the Title.

So the most important choice you can make for optimizing for search, especially Google, is to pick a keyword rich title, and both the Title tag and the anchor text will follow it.

The URL has very little weight after those 2 factors.  Not enough to worry about.

7. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Thanks to all for the help smile

working