jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

A talent search...

1. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 8 years ago

I was just wondering what are the best ways that you've found to get related video on your hubs. Tried the search-thing... doesn't work to well with much of what I write about, so I just started a talent search in one of my latest hubs. Think that might work?

2. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

One of my major issues at the moment is sifting through the thousands of poorly tagged, low quality videos on YouTube looking for a suitable one. It will soon be unusable if they don't develop a better search facility.

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I hear that Mark!!! smile Hence my talent search! smile Hopefully soon there will be a better, at least more efficient, way to do that!

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

I agree with Mark. Not only is the videos hard to weed through, the pics are exhausting! When I looked up some of the recipe pics on a hub, I got things that were so totally unrelated to what I searched for that it was rediculous! It takes much longer to locate the pics and video than it ever does to actually write the hub! I have spent as long as an entire day looking for pictures before! I wish you the best of luck with your talent search, ProCW. I hope it helps!

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Bonnie!

Here's an idea for the photo thing. Maybe there should be a request area for photos. Maybe if I have something your Mark has something that you need, then we could just send it over or something like that...

SweetiePie did a video for one of my hubs... and I've done a graphic for one of her's... kinda cool how to help a fellow-hubber, ya know? smile

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image89
        Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Excellent idea! Why don't you run this by HP? I also have something I need to run by them. I was thinking how much easier it would be to go back to a hub you are working on if we could have another tab for the "unpublished" hubs in our account section so that when we get a long list, we don't have to scroll, scroll, scroll to get to the bottom where all the unpublished hubs end up. I hope they take your suggestion on this, it is a good idea!

Nate, there are some excellent videos out there. It just takes a lot of weeeding through the unrelated stuff to find them! lol

4. NateRider profile image59
    NateRiderposted 8 years ago

I imagine it would be hard to find good video on YouTube. Especially when it needs to be related to a very specific subject. However, I will be attempting to put videos up on some of my hubs soon, so I'll probably be running into the trials you're encountering right now. I'll tell you if I find anything!

5. 0
    RUTHIE17posted 8 years ago

Bonnie--  I totally agree with your last statement.  It takes lots of time to go through the photos and videos to find that special one you're looking for.  And yes, I too have spent more time looking for them than I spent writing the Hub!

That's one reason I've saves so many interesting photos on my computer when I've found them--I'm thinking I may find a use for them someday!

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Yes, finding photos can take a while.  That's why I like this site:

Mark introduced me to it.  It makes it easy to sort through photos and the search seems to throw up a good selection.

Just make sure you use the Advanced feature so you get photos that are appropriately licensed.  I always use the "photos to use commercially" to be on the safe side, but I still get hundreds of photos to choose from. 

Remember to always acknowledge the photographer in your Hub with a link to their Photostream (not just their name under the picture, because that's not a live link).

I haven't had too much trouble finding what I want on Youtube, maybe it's just the subjects I pick!

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great great great picture site!! Thanks Marisa!!