jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone else find it hard to work right b4 Christmas?

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

I am really having a hard time focusing today. Does anyone else have that problem?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes... work seems twice as long today, it's going to be a long week until Friday at noon.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Most definitely.

In fact, I have given up. I am intending to do as close to nothing as possible until January 2d.

I'll answer the phone and respond to emails, but other than that I am coasting in neutral.

Pretty day here in MA. Light snow.. I think I'll make some hot chocolate smile

3. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 5 years ago

Well that makes me feel better.

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

I'm not writing, but I am working - washing clothes, washing floors, wrapping gifts.....need I say more?

5. 0
    Helpful Hannaposted 5 years ago

It's hard to enjoy the holidays when you are stuck at work.  Think happy thoughts.

6. brimancandy profile image82
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

It's actually kind of weird for me, because I am not working at all right now. However, I worked every Christmas eve for 15 years, noon until 8 p.m. And, then had to be back at work at 4 a.m. the morning after Christmas for the big day after Christmas sales.

This Christmas holiday is actually the first I have not worked in 20 years, because I worked through the 2009 Christmas rush, and lost my job just a month later. (Typical of the company I worked for) So, I am very glad that I won't have to do it this year.

But, there isn't really that much that I plan to do anyways, other than eat a lot, and watch television. I might go out for New Years Eve. I haven't done that in a while.