jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Overly Promotional Hub

1. KeithB profile image60
    KeithBposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that has been identified as being overly promotional- http://hubpages.com/hub/VA-Loan-Assumption-Hot-Topics.  As far as I can tell this hub meets all of the guidelines.  I would appreciate somebody explaining why this hub does not meet the guidelines.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

We can't see your hub, so we can't help. HP staff CAN tell you what the issue is.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Overly promotional means that you have more than 2 links in your hub that are pointing to the same domain. This is against the rules.

Btw- your link is an unpublished hub and no one can read it.

If you have more than 2 links to a domain, including RSS feed, then you will get tagged for it(overly promotional).

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

If you happen to include the website name in the 'tool tip' for the promotional text link, that counts as 2 promo links in one.

5. 0
    Butch Newsposted 5 years ago

This happens to me sometimes.

I innocently enough post more than one YouTube video I've made and I'm considered overly self promoting in spite of the fact that it is the easiest way to put up content that is relevant and that I have absolute rights to use... unlike posting someone else.

Just remove some of the links to your own site.  The rules seem to be inconsistent... to me, but the idea is to prevent you using the hub to be an advertisement for your business.

Also you can't be seen to be promoting some particular website.

Just keep the links to any commercial kind of site, or your own site, to one link and you should be fine.