jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

HubPages Pinging question

1. 02SmithA profile image60
    02SmithAposted 8 years ago

I was reading up on pinging and the different sites out there such as pingomatic and kping. Do you submit each hub post to a ping or is what you submit to them just your profile page? I want to make sure I'm submitting the right thing before I do it.

Also, do you think there is a real benefit to pinging your hubs?

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Pinging to the right sites does create a valuable inbound link. As for pinging your hub why not start up a free blogger account and set the hubpages rss feed there for valuable backlinks.

Other then that, there may be some advantages, it only takes a short time, so why not.

I would not use pingomatic though, I would manually submit to feeds.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

3. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

There is a Googlebot basically in permanent residence at HubPages - new hubs are indexed within hours.

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Usually but not always - my most recent hub with kw "article" and "profit" is indexed - and its a couple of days old.  But my previoius hub "head scarf" and "how to" published nearly a month ago is not.  Now sometimes the google bot doesn't like to index "weight loss miracle" or "credit card best" but how to tie a headscarf LOL - I have no idea why not on that one!

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I didn't know about the inbound link. Which sites do you ping that do that terryg?

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Mark. Try these, I find they index quickly.

I also still think a free blogger with the rss feed in an element is worthwhile as well. The inbound link is from Google's own and can be quite valuable. I often find the link closer to the top in a url search.

Here's a nice post on pinging and backlinks. It makes for good reading to the uninitiated. Enjoy.

http://promote-my-site.com/index.php/13 … orthy.html

5. bigdaddy profile image59
    bigdaddyposted 8 years ago

The main reason for pinging a site, hub, or blog, is to get the search engine bots to come calling. I don't find it necessary with Hub pages or Squidoo lenses. They get indexed fast enough on their own.

If you want back links, your time is better spent submitting your Hubs to social bookmarking and news sites. Make sure you put your Hub rss feeds into your blogs and Squidoo lenses.

All my blogs are self hosted Word Press. In your admin, you can designate where you ping every time you make a post. I have added about 30 or so different sites including technorati, ping goat, pingomatic, and a bunch of others.

Whenever I post a hub or squidoo Lens, I make sure I post on one or several of my blogs about it with a backlink to the Hub or lens. It seems to do the trick quite effectively.

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's a good point: I don't usually bother because the bot is so good on hubpages :but  I see some articles on headscarfs coming up!

2. escapethematrix profile image83
      escapethematrixposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Excellent info! Thanks. So much to learn...

6. SunyFB profile image59
    SunyFBposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info on where to ping! This is rather useful for a newbie like me!