jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

New Feature: default capsule layout

1. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Speaking of capsules, it would help new users and HB too if the default start had three text capsules with the photo moved down and perhaps even right justified. 

Having three would give the hint that they ought to be using more than one, moving the photo would prevent it from interfering with the big ad block and pushing it right might help them notice that it CAN be pushed right.

2. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Sounds good to me. The default layout with the photo at the top is not a good default because everyone seems to agree that you need text in the beginning for the top-right ad.

3. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Speaking of which, what if we combine these ideas? Allow us to define our own default layouts with capsule templates? So a custom default could be:

text
    text
    text
    text_with_join_hubpages_message
    RSS_feed_to_my_latest_hubs

This saves a lot of time!

4. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Yes, it would. Of course, after 6 months, I have all my default text loaded into paste buffers ready to recall, so it isn't all that annoying, but defaults sure would make it quicker and a better starting layout would help new hubbers.

5. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It would be nice, I think, to be able to set your own custom default templates. For a simple page I have one layout, for a top ten article I have a different layout.  Having say 3 'custom template' slots could save me a lot of time.

working