jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

A World With No Borders

1. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 6 years ago

What do you think about a world without borders? No passports, no citizenships, no nationalities.

Do you think the world would be a better or worse place?

I think the world would be a much better place. Instead of a first world and a third world, imaginary borders, conflicts over land... we would just have a world we can all share. It's not fair that your life can be determined by what country you are born in (rich vs poor). And I don't think God (if you believe in him) intended for us to divide this beautiful world into pieces and keep others out of our piece.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your consept of no borders is a wonderful idea except for one fact that makes the reality of 'one world' impossible.....humans live here.

1. rotl profile image60
        rotlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL! I hope its not impossible, but pretty close.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

Hi rotl,

you could make a good hub out of that subject.

You have a number of interesting ideas and forum topics - there's some good material there.

1. rotl profile image60

Thanks Mark... maybe I will.

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Mark.  Excellent hub material.

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago

We can still go anywhere even with borders.  Why do you think we can't?  Money and getting there would still be an obstacle regardless.

1. rotl profile image60

Not exactly... visa requirements can be a big pain for people from many countries (mostly poor ones of course). A lot of people get rejected while others don't even own or know how to get a passport.

I wonder why we think we have the right to keep some people out of our piece of the world? Shouldn't every person have the right to go anywhere on God's green earth?

4. GmaGoldie profile image89
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

The Internet for the most part (China has its exceptions) is a world without borders. 

A true world without borders offers not just open access but FREE access.  This is critical to a democracy.

Travel throughout the ages has been expensive and often reserved just for the privileged.

Starting with the Internet is simplest and best.  I pray for China to see the light and welcome their citizens to the Internt.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I pray with you that ALL governments will see the benefit of the internet as an unrestricted tool for freedom. 

It would also be nice for ALL politically motivated prisoners, and soon to be prisoners, and those held without trial for years on foreign soil as enemy combatants could be with their families.

Sorry.  Went into rant mode.

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

You have to change human nature first. smile

working