jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon query

1. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

Amazon payment plan:
    Which one to select? Classic or Performance?

Payment method:
    If I select a check payment how will I draw the payment when I get the check? From any bank or what? Will the check come to my address? If I select direct deposit what type of bank or account I need?

1. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Choose performance plan.

You will need to opt for check payment, and you will receive the check at your postal address. Do you have a bank account in your name? If not, then open a saving account with a bank. When you receive the checks, you deposit them in your account - attached with a form (called pay-in-slip) that you will get in the bank.

Since it will be a foreign exchange txn, the check may take some time to clear - I get my payment after 14 days - at least.

2. saleheensblog profile image61

are these really dumb questions sad

3. humagaia profile image69
    humagaiaposted 5 years ago

Not dumb.
    I chose performance so that, if I sell more items, above set criteria, I get paid a higher percentage for all my sales (with some exceptions).
    With check payment you will need a bank account to pay it into. The bank will charge you a currency conversion fee (which could be significant if the check is for a small amount). You cannot pay it into just any bank, just the one you bank with. If you set up a dollar currency account then the dollar check you receive can be paid in without currency conversion fees. Fees will accrue if you transfer money from the dollar account to your usual account.
    I am assuming here that your country currency is not dollars.
    If you are outside the US then direct deposit is not an option - I believe.

4. saleheensblog profile image61

thanks to you both. I clearly understand now.