jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

My hub disapppeared suddenly from 1st page of google

1. ishwarya_p profile image61
    ishwarya_pposted 6 years ago

I am new to hubpages, 2 days back I have written a well researched hub for a particular keyword. Last two days my hub was listed in 1 page of google but today sadly it has been pulled back to some where around 50,60 I have 3 backlinks pointing to this hub. Is it normal?

1. Brooke Lorren profile image61
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had a Squidoo page that consistently stayed at the top for months.  I was making tons of money with it.  Then suddenly, somebody else on Squidoo published a page with the same keywords and you couldn't find my page at all.

So I went over to Ezinearticles and pumped out about 20 articles linking to that page.  It's back on the front page and has been there for a couple of months again.

That was a lot of work (more work than I'd do for most pages) but it's an example of how you can get your ranking up.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This would appear to be the best answer to copycat stuff pushing your own down the rankings - copycats fly-by-night by nature and are unlikely to put in the work of writing extra stuff and pointing it in the right direction.

1. Joy56 profile image61
          Joy56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

sometimes i think people talk in a different language on these forums..... what do you mean China Man??????

2. Brooke Lorren profile image61
          Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

? are you talking about me copycatting stuff, or the other person?  Neither of us copied anything.  The other person just happened to write a page that was similar to mine.

I definitely don't suggest copying anything if you're going to write articles to get your page up in the rankings.  There are tons of articles that you can write on almost any given subject.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is very normal. The chances are that within a few weeks/month it will come back up the search engine results.

2. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

The hub might have done well because it was new. It is normal to see a spike and then a drop when the hub is new.

Three backlinks is not enough to stay on the first page of Google (unless the niche is very small).

1. ishwarya_p profile image61
      ishwarya_pposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Back link is a factor, but not "all" factor as long as you have good written article

1. simeonvisser profile image88
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes but a new article rarely stays on the first page by being "good". Your hub likely got on the first page because it was relevant and new but Google now no longer considers that place justified. You really need some backlinks to solidify that spot.

3. saleheensblog profile image62
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

its normal.

check this forum for detail explanation http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/60629#post1347046

working