jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Amazon capsule suggestion

1. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

When I'm using the Amazon capsule to show 3 or more ads, I almost always select specific products, by searching through the Amazon site first, and collect the ASIN numbers.

Many times I change my mind, and want them in a different order.  Unfortunately, it's not an easy matter to re-arrange the order.  It requires a bit of cutting a pasting.

I'd like to be able to re-arrange the items in the capsule, much like you can in the 'links' capsule.  It would be a real time-saver.

Could ya...please big_smile

1. Julie2 profile image59
      Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/62749

This may be able to help you.

1. bogerk profile image70
        bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This doesn't seem like strenuous copy and pasting since you should be able to do it all right from the Amazon capsule, unless I am missing something.

My big question about the Amazon capsule is whether or not it is refreshed when you don't choose specific products, but rather products based on keywords.

For example, if something is a big seller at the time of publish but drops considerably over time, will the Amazon capsule change and provide the new top seller/s among your products advertised?

2. timorous profile image91
      timorousposted 6 years ago

Sorry Julie2...wrong URL.  This link calls up the same thread we're already on.  Try again.

1. Julie2 profile image59
        Julie2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/62538#post1381531

Let me know if this works.

3. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

Timorous, what a great suggestion!

I've also wondered about that at times. Sometimes, I need to delete one in a list of nine and it's right at the top, so it means I have to redo the entire list.

I like it!

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if you chose specific product you will get rid of your problem

timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do choose specific products, with the ASIN number.  The Amazon capsule, the way it's currently implemented, does not allow drag and drop re-ordering.

yah, i understand what you are saying but Sophia Angelique's problem was different.

copy/paste seems to be the current solution of your problem. I have a strategy that saves lots of time. I open the hub in two tab. I take one of them in edit mood then copy the product link from the not-in-edit-mood-hub and paste it in the under-editing hub.

easy piesy tongue

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
              wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Drag and drop would be a lot easier peasier. tongue

of course big_smile

I never said I don't support the concept, i just tried to give a solution for the current situation sad Don't mind, please. I am not opposing you.

1. wordscribe43 profile image93
                  wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, no worries, I knew what you were saying, saleheen!  I was just kidding around with the "easy peasy" stuff.  smile

4. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

I'm glad you brought this up, timorous.  I've been meaning to make the exact same suggestion! It's a huge pain to reorder Amazon items with the current capsules.  It's a whole copy/paste debacle, and time-consuming.

5. Christene profile image78
      Christeneposted 6 years ago

I'd like to be able to drag & drop to reorder items too.

6. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago

1. Your Captain beefheart Hub is awesome
      2. Your request should be uber easy to implement by HP
      3.Why wouldnt you just do one item per amazon capsule for this issue?

timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey sunforged...
        1. thanks very much...I've always been a big fan of C.B.
        2.  I would imagine so.
        3.  You could do that, of course, but I'll wait until the drag and drop feature is implemented, I think.

p.s. I've been reading over your hubs on backlinking etc.  Excellent stuff.

working