jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Deleted two hubs!

1. Don Ship profile image81
    Don Shipposted 6 years ago

I just deleted two of my Hubs today. It doesn't feel good. Maybe I should undelete it before the time runs out?

1. RedElf profile image85
      RedElfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Depends - why did you delete them?

2. bogerk profile image87
      bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have deleted one of my Hubs since joining two months ago, but only because it was dated and just plain wrong.

I had made a prediction that the Texas Rangers would win the World Series. So, not only was I wrong but the popularity of that topic has long since passed.

That being said, I don't think there really is any benefit to deleting your Hubs that I know of, so if you think there is any chance that some day someone might visit it and click on an ad or buy a product, it probably can't hurt to leave it.

2. Don Ship profile image81
    Don Shipposted 6 years ago

They weren't getting enough traffic from either HB or Google. I was totally new here when I wrote them. They were my first two hubs here, on HB! I guess it's okay now. I'll replace them with newer, better ones, hopefully! smile

3. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Good attitude, Don - always room for improvement!

1. Don Ship profile image81
      Don Shipposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, RedElf. I love that name!

4. Dalyinx profile image87
    Dalyinxposted 6 years ago

Personally, I'd keep them whether they're getting a lot of traffic or not.  Even if they're getting 4-5 views a week, that's still something.  And 4 weeks time isn't enough to evaluate whether or not a hub is worth it.  You should wait -AT LEAST- six months before you decide to delete something.

What you can do is optimize the title tags and description in order to rank for good keywords.

Edit: Here's an image of traffic for one of my hubs.  You can see it takes a couple months to start to pick up.  http://i51.tinypic.com/kvl2u.jpg

working