jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Will niche topics hurt my hubscore?

1. brentwilliams2 profile image76
    brentwilliams2posted 5 years ago

I work in the apartment industry, so a lot of my thoughts and writing tends to revolve around that topic.  I don't mind writing about my hobbies, but I just really enjoy what I do so I like to write about it!  But I realize that the hubpages population for other apartment professionals is pretty small, which means that my hubs probably won't appeal to a large audience here.  I still like writing, but how much will that hurt my hubscore?  I guess it really doesn't matter, but I'm also a little bit competitive, and seeing a number that can go up or down drives me a bit bonkers!  smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

With all due respect, your question demonstrates that you do not understand how the score system works. Write on whatever you like, if you get sustainable external traffic you will do just fine.

Please check out the FAQs, available from the Help menu, and the Learning Center, a link to which is provided at the bottom of all pages.

1. brentwilliams2 profile image76
      brentwilliams2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

And you are 100% correct!  I am still quite new and slowly wading through all the resources, information, etc.  Doing my best to get up to speed! 

Thanks for the feedback!

3. Abbasangel profile image82
    Abbasangelposted 5 years ago

My score is quite good and I don't get alot of traffic, but I do participate and behave myself with in the rules of Hub pages.

Pretty much don't copy and paste stuff... Like WE said, check out the FAQ's and there are heaps of hubs about hub scores and stuff.

4. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

Not getting much traffic has only a little impact on hubscore. Quality of content is the key.