jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Authorscore/Hubberscore - Hubscore

1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Authorscore/hubberscore and individual hubscore are different things. It's little confusing to see the same caption for both. When we hoover the mouse around profile pics' score and hubs' score it shows hubscore in both case. Many a newbies become confused with it. Better fixing it?

1. evvy_09 profile image79
      evvy_09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

ohhhhh  wow thanks, yea this semi newbie did get confused smile

2. simeonvisser profile image89
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

That's indeed confusing. It would be better if HubPages defined consistent terminology and used it throughout the site. We could refer to HubScore and AuthorScore for example. We have to use different words because the numbers don't mean the same thing.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is already being referred to as HubScore and HubberScore (AKA AuthorScore AKA User Score).

1. simeonvisser profile image89
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is not, that's what saleheensblog is saying. If you hover your mouse over the number near your profile photo, it says hubscore, not something like HubberScore or AuthorScore.

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I wrote the hub HubScore almost 3 years ago there was mentions of Hubber Score, Author Score and User Score (all being the same thing) in the FAQs. Which was revamped in the last 6 to 12 months.

A year and a half later I wrote one on HubberScore.

Not sure if the the mouseover the profile hubberscore has always been there as hubscore. But there has always been two different meanings for both sets of scores.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
            Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll have to say tat I'm still a little confused, but I think that is normal.

working