Has anyone ever heard of "Blog posts for sale" and what do you think?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Veronica Bright profile image58
    Veronica Brightposted 15 years ago

In my quest for resources I came upon a site called Blog posts for sale.  I just wondered if anyone used it, knew of it, and if so, what you think of it?
    Veronica

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The aim here is to pay someone to write a post for your blog. If you write the post for someone then you get paid.

What I do not get, is why pay someone to post on your blog. The result is new content for your blog so why not use another email address and post your own comment on a post as this is new content as well.

What do I think of it? It's a very innovative marketing ploy that someone has come up with to get a percentage of the pay for post. The webmaster is very smart and exploring the boundaries to make a living online.

However, there are other resources you can use on your blog. I am sure if anyone posted a thread here for a three hundred page article they will receive quite a lot of quotes to do so. Most of us can knock out an article for the price of a coffee.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Haven't heard of his particular one, but there are many people who will post content to your blog if you pay them.

They range in price from very cheap to very expensive.

I've never used the services of anyone like this, so I don't know the pitfalls.

But I'd suggest that you try and establish the quality of any posts that they may submit, and don't give them too much money up front.

Alternatively, they may be offering to pay you to make posts to blogs.
    Be careful, because similar article type sites will get people to send examples of their work, which then get blasted around the net with no payment to the author.

As with anything, check them out.

3. pamphile profile image58
    pamphileposted 15 years ago

Actually, this is how it works.

Bloggers get paid to mention ( with a link ) or  link to a specific website.
    Advertisers pay to get a link on various industry blogs.

It's a simple way to get in front of your target market.
    We have some modifications to make before it's launched fully.

4. pamphile profile image58
    pamphileposted 15 years ago

I obviously need to refine the intended message because it does not seem perfectly clear. My fault.   Yes I am the owner.  Contact me if you have more private questions you don't want to post publicly.

5. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I have one question pamphile - do you allow bloggers to "no follow" the link to the advertiser?

1. pamphile profile image58
      pamphileposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We will soon allow "no follow" link selling within blog posts.

6. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

This is called selling links and there are any number of pay to post companies - If you don't mind having your blog reduced to PR0 when you get noticed by google smile

What are you paying for a PR4 link?

7. Junkster profile image61
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

I'm with Mark here, avoid them. 

Blogs are highly personal things to most people, selling links on blogs is what will discredit blogs as future media.

Trust me, unless you'd prefer never showing up in search resultas for google don't bother.

1. pamphile profile image58
      pamphileposted 15 years agoin reply to this

@Junkster and @Mark

As far as I am concerned.  Google isn't the only source of traffic in town.  You can't run a business while depending on Google SEO traffic.  That's a sure recipe for failure. 

People buy links for different reasons.  All link buying isn't aimed at improving SEO.  Sometimes buyers just want to get in front of their target market with or without Do follow links or No Follow links. 

Like any good thing, buying blog posts should not be abused. SEO is like a balanced nutrition. It should be varied and not based on one food source.   

I've seen link buyers benefit greatly from their promotion efforts.  They used blog links and other creative promotion techniques.  I can't give public examples or ideas. 

And that's all I'll say for now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)