jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Update on Notifications

1. Ari Lamstein profile image79
    Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago

Last month we asked the HubPages Community what new notifications, if any, you would like to see on the site.  There was a lot of activity on this topic.  I'm happy to say that since the original post, we have released three features which address the needs of the community.

1.  The first new notification relates to comments on Hubs.  One of the most requested features was to receive an optional email if the author of the Hub leaves a comment after you.

2.  The second new notification is to receive an optional email if someone replies to your forum post.

3.  The third notification is to receive an email when you receive an Accolade.  (You will only receive this email if you have checked the "Allow HubPages to contact you?" box in My Account -> Edit Profile).

We hope that these new notifications allow you to more easily keep up up with information that you care about on HubPages!

Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Test

Test

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you are banned for spamming lol

Good job, thanks

LOL.  Thank you Saleheen.  (Note: I would have deleted these posts except I found it funny that Saleheen replied before I could).

We just did a minor site update and I wanted to make sure that everything still worked.  These minor tweaks include: not emailing users a notification if they were replying to themselves in the forum, fixing a bug where the notification checkbox was not appearing when posting in chronological view, as well as several other items. 

Enjoy!

1. saleheensblog profile image60
              saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No worries, you hubscore will not be affected for that. Your duplicate contents can still remain published. lol

It's working and my mail box will be flooded soon. Oh God, why did we recommended this!!

2. ari-test profile image60
        ari-testposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

2. simeonvisser profile image89
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

These are great improvements to the HubPages platform - it makes sense to have these email notifications and I'm sure they'll be used often smile

working