jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Screw You Secret Reader and Points-Downer!

1. 0
    sandieganlizposted 5 years ago

Someone is reading my unfinished entry and pointing it down!?! Wtf--how does that work, cuz it's feels like a downer when my unpublished work gets points down--when i'm not even finished with it!!! *Annoying*

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How are they able to read it if it's unpublished?  Don't publish anything until you are happy with it and it's finished.

2. camlo profile image82
      camloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How can that happen?

3. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that can actually happen, Sandie.  You might write to the hubteam, I'm sure they'll explain what's really going on.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Your unpublished work is only seen by you and HubPages staff. And, I am pretty sure staff isn't doing anything with your hub considering the number of employees trying to do multiple things.

What you write isn't their concern until you publish. If it is against TOS then they will not point it down, but will unpublish it.

The only person visiting your unpublished hubs is you.

3. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

If you are getting views, that is yourself looking at it.

No one can vote down your hub if it isn't published. And I doubt anyone is doing that, let alone on purpose.

I personally never use the vote down button, I have probably only used it a handful of times. And that is because the hub wasn't even readable, literally.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image82
      EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't even understand why there is a vote down button - if a hub's that bad, then it's flaggably bad, i.e. you'd click on "Flag" rather than "Vote down".  ("Flaggably"?  Is that a word? lol)

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
        Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha no kidding.

BTW if that is the case, I'd be thrilled someone is reading my hubs!

4. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I think it is just something that happens, unpublished hubs rise or sink in score even before they are published. They start at around fifty, I have some unpublished that have gone down to 47 and others have gone up to 60's.

Think of it like the traffic lights no one is making them turn red against you, that is it is not a person judging you or your hubs.

1. Ivorwen profile image84
      Ivorwenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

5. EmpressFelicity profile image82
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Do you mean that you think people are rating your hub down?  Because it's not possible for the writer of a hub to know how many (if any) down ratings their hubs get.  And that applies to published hubs - unpublished ones aren't even visible to other readers. 

If you're referring to the hub score, well - hubscore is a mysterious thing and not worth getting worked up over.  I often find that when I first publish a hub, the score will go down to 48 or even 47, before its score starts to slowly climb.

6. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 5 years ago

HubScores fluctuate, even before you hit publish.

No one else is looking at your hub or voting you down.

7. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Those arrows pointing down are an indicator of the hub not being read.  So actually that just proves nobody is reading your hub.