Opinions Wanted Please

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (25 posts)
  1. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Skyrim-Theories … ame-Rumors
    I'm really sleep deprived but I'm really not sure if the hub flows together okay. Does it make sense or is it even interesting to anyone? Any comments at all please. Or if you just want to review any of my hubs I would be so grateful smile

1. Marie Morrison profile image61
      Marie Morrisonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been here for even a week so I'm not a good judge but I've been told that you should have about 15 tags. You can look up keywords with Google's Keyword tool.

evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm still learning about the keyword stuff.  It's just not seeming to click with me.  But I am grateful by your comment. Thanks! Comments always help.

1. Marie Morrison profile image61
          Marie Morrisonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Keywords are pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You have to ask yourself 'what would someone looking for my content type into the search box?' In your case it would be things like:
          the elder scrolls v skyrim   
          the elder scrolls v   
          elder scrolls 5 release date   
          new elder scrolls
          elder scroll v
          elder scrolls xbox
          elder scrolls ps3
          elder scrolls trailer

I got these in less than a minute using your title and the google keyword tool. Also using misspellings can get you a lot of hits. Like:
          elder srolls
          eller scrolls

I'm sure there are a ton of good keyword hubs on here if you want to learn more. Hope this helps!

Whoa  cool.  Thanks bunches!  I will have to try that out and put more on the rest of my hubs.

2. Sullen91 profile image70
      Sullen91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't figure out what your hub was about in 30 seconds of looking for descriptive keywords.

This is a failure.

Sullen, I'm sorry if it was clear what it was about.  The hub is about a new video game coming out next year called the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.    A lot of people have been waiting for the game to be released for at least 2 years and so I did a hub based on the little information I had as well as some educated guesses I made from what the previous games were. 
        What exactly was unclear about it?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

his critique lol

tongue

1. Sullen91 profile image70
              Sullen91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can always elaborate on criticism, but I can elaborate without being extravagant -- when asked nicely.

Your title is not meaningful to me. Your first paragraph is about the executive director of "Bethesda", a city in Maryland. Elder scrolls sounds like something about old people and parchments. The first paragraph is virtually unintelligible as well.

What goes through my mind after reading the title and first paragraph:

What is Bethesda? What is "the" game? What is MMO?

What goes through my head after thinking it over:

Bethesda is probably not a city, because cities don't have executive directors.
              I'm not stupid so I can see that "the" is probably a reference to the title; so, there's a game of some sort in the title.
              What kind of game? A real life game or a video game? What is MMO?

My parting thoughts:

This is confusing enough to justify not reading the rest. It is confusing in part because the author used "revealing", which is both grammatically incorrect and; consequently, it is unclear whether revealing is an act, a preview, an expose, or something else. The wording of the paragraph is not idiomatic (e.g. too short announcement). This is probably a video game on some console, based on what I know about the archaic titles of some popular games.

My updated assessment:

This hub must be interesting to those who want to know about the game.
              Those people are likely to know, full well, what the hub is about from the beginning.
              Hence, it is largely irrelevant that the hub is confusing to readers who aren't fans

The title of my hub is the title of the  video game.  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which my hub is about. Bethesda is a game studio that has developed games like Oblivion or Morrowind.  After that it should be clear what "the" game is. 
                I wrote the hub for people who would be actually looking the game up.  If someone isn't researching The Elder Scrolls, I doubt they will ever read my hub at all.   
                Thank you for attempting to read my "confusing" hub.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Evvy,

I don't really see anything wrong with it's flow.

However, I would suggest taking the picture you have at the bottom and moving it up along side of the text capsule above it.

You have enough text in that capsule to make two separate capsules. You could put just enough text into another capsule, so as to put your Amazon capsule next to it.

I hope I explained that easily enough. hmm

1. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Cagsil, I try and split long blocks of text with the photos smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Richie,

That is not what I said. wink

2. evvy_09 profile image60

Thanks Cagsil, I divided the long block of text up.  It's always awesome to have your advice.
      I followed Richie's suggestion to split the text better with the photos.

I appreciate all the quick advice.  I want to improve this hub the best I can so it has time to get noticed by google before the further game announcements that start in January.   I'll be adding more photos, videos and text revisions as the announcements comes.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Split the hub in at least two text capsules. Don't put the pics or link beside or above the first capsule. It will let Google put their biggest block of ads on top of your hub.

Amazon placement is alright. But I don't like the pics beside it. You can use three more product there or the first pics and he link capsule beside it. [just a thought]

Push the video at the bottom of your hub.

the would look like as following:

Text     Ads

amazon   photo
    amazon
    amazon   link

Ads Ads Ads Ads

Text     Photo

Video

Thanks for the template example.  I get caught up in making the hub sound right and I tinker with the placement forever.   I copied it for further reference.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't copy it, try different layout in different hubs just keeping the bigger block of ads on top. smile

you can always check how the layout is going to be by hitting preview when in edit mood.

Just to use a rough guide, I'm not planning on copying it exactly

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

looks great now, this is what exactly I wanted to see tongue

5. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4304982.jpg

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Looks much better Evvy. smile

So I got the Cagsil "Seal of Approval"?   yay!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seal of approval? lol lol lol lol lol

But, cute though. tongue

so that would be a no on the seal sad
          I was designing it and everything

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)