jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (25 posts)

Opinions Wanted Please

1. evvy_09 profile image80
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Skyrim-Theories … ame-Rumors
    I'm really sleep deprived but I'm really not sure if the hub flows together okay. Does it make sense or is it even interesting to anyone? Any comments at all please. Or if you just want to review any of my hubs I would be so grateful smile

1. Marie Morrison profile image62
      Marie Morrisonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been here for even a week so I'm not a good judge but I've been told that you should have about 15 tags. You can look up keywords with Google's Keyword tool.

evvy_09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm still learning about the keyword stuff.  It's just not seeming to click with me.  But I am grateful by your comment. Thanks! Comments always help.

1. Marie Morrison profile image62
          Marie Morrisonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keywords are pretty easy once you get the hang of it. You have to ask yourself 'what would someone looking for my content type into the search box?' In your case it would be things like:
          the elder scrolls v skyrim   
          the elder scrolls v   
          elder scrolls 5 release date   
          new elder scrolls
          elder scroll v
          elder scrolls xbox
          elder scrolls ps3
          elder scrolls trailer

I got these in less than a minute using your title and the google keyword tool. Also using misspellings can get you a lot of hits. Like:
          elder srolls
          eller scrolls

I'm sure there are a ton of good keyword hubs on here if you want to learn more. Hope this helps!

Whoa  cool.  Thanks bunches!  I will have to try that out and put more on the rest of my hubs.

2. Sullen91 profile image84
      Sullen91posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't figure out what your hub was about in 30 seconds of looking for descriptive keywords.

This is a failure.

Sullen, I'm sorry if it was clear what it was about.  The hub is about a new video game coming out next year called the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.    A lot of people have been waiting for the game to be released for at least 2 years and so I did a hub based on the little information I had as well as some educated guesses I made from what the previous games were. 
        What exactly was unclear about it?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

his critique lol

tongue

1. Sullen91 profile image84
              Sullen91posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can always elaborate on criticism, but I can elaborate without being extravagant -- when asked nicely.

Your title is not meaningful to me. Your first paragraph is about the executive director of "Bethesda", a city in Maryland. Elder scrolls sounds like something about old people and parchments. The first paragraph is virtually unintelligible as well.

What goes through my mind after reading the title and first paragraph:

What is Bethesda? What is "the" game? What is MMO?

What goes through my head after thinking it over:

Bethesda is probably not a city, because cities don't have executive directors.
              I'm not stupid so I can see that "the" is probably a reference to the title; so, there's a game of some sort in the title.
              What kind of game? A real life game or a video game? What is MMO?

My parting thoughts:

This is confusing enough to justify not reading the rest. It is confusing in part because the author used "revealing", which is both grammatically incorrect and; consequently, it is unclear whether revealing is an act, a preview, an expose, or something else. The wording of the paragraph is not idiomatic (e.g. too short announcement). This is probably a video game on some console, based on what I know about the archaic titles of some popular games.

My updated assessment:

This hub must be interesting to those who want to know about the game.
              Those people are likely to know, full well, what the hub is about from the beginning.
              Hence, it is largely irrelevant that the hub is confusing to readers who aren't fans

The title of my hub is the title of the  video game.  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which my hub is about. Bethesda is a game studio that has developed games like Oblivion or Morrowind.  After that it should be clear what "the" game is. 
                I wrote the hub for people who would be actually looking the game up.  If someone isn't researching The Elder Scrolls, I doubt they will ever read my hub at all.   
                Thank you for attempting to read my "confusing" hub.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Evvy,

I don't really see anything wrong with it's flow.

However, I would suggest taking the picture you have at the bottom and moving it up along side of the text capsule above it.

You have enough text in that capsule to make two separate capsules. You could put just enough text into another capsule, so as to put your Amazon capsule next to it.

I hope I explained that easily enough. hmm

1. Richieb799 profile image65
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Cagsil, I try and split long blocks of text with the photos smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Richie,

That is not what I said. wink

2. evvy_09 profile image80

Thanks Cagsil, I divided the long block of text up.  It's always awesome to have your advice.
      I followed Richie's suggestion to split the text better with the photos.

I appreciate all the quick advice.  I want to improve this hub the best I can so it has time to get noticed by google before the further game announcements that start in January.   I'll be adding more photos, videos and text revisions as the announcements comes.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Split the hub in at least two text capsules. Don't put the pics or link beside or above the first capsule. It will let Google put their biggest block of ads on top of your hub.

Amazon placement is alright. But I don't like the pics beside it. You can use three more product there or the first pics and he link capsule beside it. [just a thought]

Push the video at the bottom of your hub.

the would look like as following:

Text     Ads

amazon   photo
    amazon
    amazon   link

Ads Ads Ads Ads

Text     Photo

Video

Thanks for the template example.  I get caught up in making the hub sound right and I tinker with the placement forever.   I copied it for further reference.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't copy it, try different layout in different hubs just keeping the bigger block of ads on top. smile

you can always check how the layout is going to be by hitting preview when in edit mood.

Just to use a rough guide, I'm not planning on copying it exactly

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

looks great now, this is what exactly I wanted to see tongue

5. evvy_09 profile image80
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4304982.jpg

6. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Looks much better Evvy. smile

So I got the Cagsil "Seal of Approval"?   yay!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Seal of approval? lol lol lol lol lol

But, cute though. tongue

so that would be a no on the seal sad
          I was designing it and everything

working