jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Bug in link capsule: Apostrophe disappears when linking

1. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a link capsule.
    2. Paste a Hub link in there with an apostrophe in its summary and add it.
    3. In the 'Link description', all apostrophes will have disappeared (so You've becomes Youve).

2. 0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

If I am not mistaken, apostrophes are not used in links at all of any kind from any site.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In the summary of the link. So the summary of a hub in most cases.

3. larryfreeman profile image84
    larryfreemanposted 6 years ago

Hi simeonvisser,

Thanks for reporting this.  I'll see what's up and post back on this thread.

Cheers,

-Larry

4. larryfreeman profile image84

I investigated the issue and the apostrophe works fine for me.

I tested it using Firefox on Vista.

SimeonVisser, which type of browser are you using and what is your operating system.  I followed the steps that you outlined and I did not find a problem with the apostrophe.

I did notice a problem with the ampersand not appearing correctly.  I'll post on this thread when the ampersand issue is fixed.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Larry, thanks for looking into this. I can't seem to reproduce the error at the moment. I'm running Firefox 4 beta on Ubuntu Linux 10.04.

Firefox 4 (actually called Minefield tongue) is regularly updated because it is beta. It may have been an error in Firefox 4 itself because it works now. Sorry for this, I'll keep this in mind when reporting a possible bug in the future (I'll check with a different browser). On the other hand, you discovered an issue with the ampersand so this thread was not a complete waste smile

5. larryfreeman profile image84

The ampersand issue with the link capsule will be fixed with the next update to the site.

working