jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Can I publish already published articles ?

1. HappyChappy profile image60
    HappyChappyposted 5 years ago

Am I allowed to publish articles which are already published on other writing sites. Pls reply !!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes but they will be penalized!!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

"You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you may not place any promotional links on that Hub.  That being said, a pattern of publishing duplicate content will negatively affect your HubScore, as we prefer to reward authors who publish content unique to HubPages. Please note that it does not matter whether or not you are the original author of this content."

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Short answer no.

But that's a yes and no. You can publish your own work here that has been published elsewhere but you will be penalised. It is better to rewrite articles you have already published elsewhere.

4. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

If you want to use the material, I recommend you rewrite them so that what you publish here on Hubpages is unique.  Its especially important to rewrite the introduction.

Hope this helps.

5. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

It is better to write something entirely new.

6. lex123 profile image70
    lex123posted 5 years ago

Make changes (almost 50%)including the title, so that it becomes unique. The matter can remain the same, but sentences to be changed and it should not look like duplicate.

7. Sekharg profile image75
    Sekhargposted 5 years ago

You can. Your hubscore will be reduced.