jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hub hopping flagging question

1. Bworky profile image74
    Bworkyposted 5 years ago

I've recently started becoming active with Hubpages, and decided to try hub hopping a few times.  I'm noticing some obviously duplicated content from other websites, and wasn't sure how I should be reporting it.  Currently, I'm just listing it as "other," since I'm thinking thats a TOS violation. 

I also recently followed a copied hub to the profile and noticed every hub there was a copy.  Is it okay to flag the profile in that situation, or should I flag the individual hubs?

Should I be reporting that stuff at all since I'm not the copyright holder?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image82
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

Yes, you absolutely should be reporting it because having stolen content on the site potentially devalues it in Google's eyes and that's bad news for everyone, both site owners and users.  And these people are thieving t*****s, so they deserve to be kicked off.  (And if it turns out that the content that's been published elsewhere is actually their own, then they're still violating HP's TOS.)

IIRC there actually is a button to click that includes duplicate content in the list of things but if all else fails you can always go for the "other" option and type a brief note.  And flag the person's profile (not each and every hub) if it looks as though *all* their stuff is copied.  Saves time!

3. Bworky profile image74
    Bworkyposted 5 years ago

Thank you, that's about what I thought.  I just didn't want to be running around flagging stuff I wasn't supposed to or flagging it in a way that will elicit the wrong result, just in case.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll say this again: it would REALLY help if we got feedback on stuff we flag - if only on the stuff that they decide does NOT warrant action.  Many times I have been hesitant to flag because I'm not sure - just a little feedback would make me much more confident and ultimately more helpful!

4. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Can I just say well done to you, it's actions like this that try to keep the crooks to a minimum.