jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Duplicate Warning

1. 0
    Nancy DuPreeposted 5 years ago

Hi - I'm really new here smile

I got a duplicate warning on one of my hubs and I have no intention of removing it as it got 29 hits in a very short period of time.  What happens if I don't remove the hub and just leave it?

I strive for unique content.  But it's pretty hard.  Is it the title or the content? or both?  I really don't understand what's going on here smile

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Just to let you know, besides what UW said-

The number of hits/views you've seen is including your own. When you visit your own hub, your views go up, because there is traffic on the hub, even if the traffic is you.

When you edit your hubs, HubPages isn't separating out your views in any capacity.

If you want to track unique visitors to your hubs, then setup your Adsense account, connect it to your HubPages account, by entering in your publisher's ID in your affiliate section on HubPages, which you can find on your Statistics page. Then open up a Google Analytics account and connect your Adsense account to it.

Then you can have all the fun you want tracking visitors. smile

2. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Nancy I read your profile and see that you have been recently widowed. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that, and hope you enjoy the community here on Hubpages.

And also that if you you write more words on your hubs, any duplication will likely get drowned out. They are all a little on the short side, but you can easily go back and write a few more words.

3. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

either you have published your work somewhere else earlier or you have copied. when you are writing recipes you can anyways get duplicate alert if your hub is too short as all the recipes are almost similar.

within few weeks all your hubs may get unpublished being flagged as your hubs are too short in size. Anything under 250 words except poems is worth flagging. anything less then 500 in not of good quality. so you may be warned to revise all your hubs.

Solution: Write fresh and high quality hubs that have at least 500 words. The biggest one you have written is good enough.

Your profile reflects that you can write and write well. So it will be great if you start over again and come up with some great contents or may be you can add more contents in your currently published ones.

Welcome to hubpages smile
      I wish you all the successes in hubpages and I hope hubbing will bring you more mental peace. A great community is with you. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

This is what the faq says about it:

"You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you may not place any promotional links on that Hub.  That being said, a pattern of publishing duplicate content will negatively affect your HubScore, as we prefer to reward authors who publish content unique to HubPages. Please note that it does not matter whether or not you are the original author of this content."

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to reiterate and clarify what the FAQ says. You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere as long as it belongs to you. You can't just go and grab text from someone else and republish it as your own work. 

On your "beautiful sweaters" hub, you copied the Product Description from Amazon verbatim and plunked it underneath the ad. While I don't think the maker of the sweater has any issue with you doing that, just reword it and your duplicate content flag should disappear. Good luck! smile

1. saleheensblog profile image59

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

I looked at all four Hubs and I don't see which one is a duplicate.
    Is it duplicated or did someone duplicate you?

1. saleheensblog profile image59

the problem is her hubs are too short, and shorter hubs especially the recipes seem duplicated even after those are not copied indeed.

4. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the clarification on duplicate content!