jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

is it bad for one to hate a mother?

1. iceangel profile image59
    iceangelposted 5 years ago

Assuming your mum hurt you maybe sleeping with your boyfriend.Will you ever forgive her

1. Stories Inc. profile image75
      Stories Inc.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mothers are no angels. I can imagine plenty of things one couldn't forgive a mother for, and there are things I don't forgive my own mother for either.
      They're not saints, you know.

2. Sunnyglitter profile image84
      Sunnyglitterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it's okay to hate your mother, or at least dislike her.

My mom was abusive and manipulative.  I haven't talked to her in 8 years, and my life is a lot better now.

Make the choice that's best for your life and your situation.

2. sammyfiction profile image60
    sammyfictionposted 5 years ago via iphone

Hate is such a strong word-if you have secure and reasons you believe in then I guess it would be ok. Thanks

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

If a mother is hateful, abusive, demeaning and of constant humiliation than feelings of hatred can certainly be there and are justified.Just because they gave birth and have children does not change who they are as a person, if the acts are of hatered, hate is the obvious emotion from the victim.

1. Stories Inc. profile image75
      Stories Inc.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's not like motherhood immediately lifts people to a 'higher standard of being' or something, it doesn't mean they'll automatically be good mothers or even better people just because they gave birth.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

You don't hate anybody, you have ill feelings, that is understandable.

Time sometimes heal all wounds and then we forgive them for what they did. Families are at times exaggerated or overrated but in the end, they are your family and most often than not, you will reconcile with them. I have written a hub about forgiveness - A Christmas Story of Forgiveness.

1. CarolineVABC profile image74
      CarolineVABCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To Prettydarkhorse: Yes, I do agree that "Time sometimes heal all wounds." It could be very difficult to forgive an abusive or neglectful mother at the moment, but as children mature and become parents, more often than not, if they were abused, will deter from that kind of a relationship with their own children and become better parents than their own parents, and ultimately, will forgive their own parents for being abusive and/or neglectful.  Thanks for writing-A Christmas Story of Forgiveness-looking forward to reading it. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you!:-)

5. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

both of you will 'go to hell' for that. tongue