jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Writing a Hub about a Scam

1. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this, but here goes.

In the last couple of days I have run across a job offer that appears to me to be a scam.  I had the idea that it would be helpful for me to write a Hub to share with others the clues that helped me come to that conclusion. 

But, of course, if I do that I am also educating future scammers on what not to do to tip people off.  Do any of you have any suggestions on whether I should write a Hub like that and/or the best way to go about it?

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

write a hub, people at least would be aware of the fact that they can be ripped off. I was offered bribe and after not receiving that I was threatened by terrorists couple of years ago to stop investigating. I was trying to work for a newspaper that time. I eventually completed my job and submitted the report but the news was never published. Please, write the hub.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement.  The story I have to share is nowhere nearly as significant as what you describe, and I hope you have written (or will write) a Hub about your experience!

Yes, I probably will write this story.  But I admit (I just had this new thought -> ) I had forgotten to check it out on snopes.com and it's possible that it may already appear there.  If it's not, though, I will write it up.

4. TomC35 profile image60
    TomC35posted 5 years ago

You take the chance of tipping off the scammers, but it is best to warn others overall of the scam regardless.  Scammers are always evolving their schemes anyways.

5. Abbasangel profile image82
    Abbasangelposted 5 years ago

I am planning on a writing a hub on scammers, yes, scammers will get smarter, but people on the whole are very silly to be taken in or very uneducatated on scammers and how they work.

6. smelloftruth profile image61
    smelloftruthposted 5 years ago

You can write about it at least people searching for the product + scam in search engine may see your post and be better informed.

And I don't think scammers are getting wiser strategically speaking. I mean the "too good to be true" is still their principle luring people to buy their product.