jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (24 posts)

Is it Christmas where you are?

1. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

It's Christmas eve day here, bright and sunny and soggy.  Have a good time hubbers!  I'm baking a little, going now out to the garden see how things are going there.  Will check back with you all later!

1. boosel profile image61
      booselposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah....christmas is everywhere  around the world.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fourth of July.

2. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's Christmas! I even have a Christmas decoration up. But I haven't got any socks to wear, let alone to put some presents in ... but that's another story.
      Merry Christmas everyone!

3. tom_caton profile image83
      tom_catonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

45 minutes and St Nicholas is due!

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4313367.jpg

3. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

You can follow Santa here and find out who is having Christmas right now:

http://www.noradsanta.org/

4. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 6 years ago

It's not Christmas in my household because I prefer not to celebrate it.  But I'm not miserable and I love to hear what other people have been up to after it's all over

1. camlo profile image84

No, I don't celebrate much either. I'm just glad to have the time off work.
      I used to have about 20 people round on Christmas Eve. We'd have Christmas Dinner, open presents, then party till the early hours ... then they'd all go home and leave me with a huge mess to clean up. Much better since I don't do that anymore.

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Merry Christmas, Camlo.  I will be heading out very shortly to spend Christmas Eve with my huge family of Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  We've gotten so big, we've finally started renting a facility so that no one had a house quite big enough and no one is left with a messy house.

Merry Christmas to everyone else as well.

1. camlo profile image84

Hi KCC, and Merry Christmas!
      Yes, renting a facility is a great idea - cleaning up is no fun on Christmas Day (or any day).
      Wish you all a wonderful time!

6. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, it's Christmas eve, well evening!, two more hours nearly to go before Christmas morning, and hey ho, my TVs packed up! well, not the TV itself, just the reception! gone all fuzzy! typical! ha ha Everybody have a great Christmas Day!

7. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Its Christmas but it also means time off from the Day Job, so time to catch up on getting to my 150th hub I think! smile That will be the best Christmas Present, beside from my Samsung Galaxy wink

8. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

7:20 Xmas morning here in China - and I am up early all excited - not really, I am up early finishing some tranlation re-editing that has too be back by 08:00 Xmas morning, in 45 minutes time.

Merry Xmas to everyone !

9. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

Lots of people hate holidays, I do sometimes, but right now I feel like making a big to-do about it just because that'll give me a good excuse to eat!  hey, did I have lunch yet?  hmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . be back after I look through the fridge to see what I ate!

10. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Still 5 and a half hours to go. I'm having a quiet night with a gin and tonic and some snacks. Might watch Love Actually soon. Edit that...just checked the listings and The Bishop's Wife is on at 8.

11. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

Although it's gone midnight here, someone's in my kitchen about to serve roast duck. I already received my main present at the beginning of December - a new watch, which I'm wearing on my latest videos, if anyone wants to see. It's very big and flashy in black and bronze - I was fed up of silver all the time.

Edit: It wasn't duck at all; it's turkey. Duck is tomorrow (later).

1. Joy56 profile image61
      Joy56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

cant wait to see the watch, who was in your kitchen? Was it the cat.  It's 11.30 Christmas Day

1. camlo profile image84

No, my cat was on my lap. I was writing a Hub at the time.

12. Purple Perl profile image81
    Purple Perlposted 6 years ago

It's Christmas Day in Bangalore,8pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

13. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

Not any more. It's 11am on Boxing Day. Happy Christmas to those still celebrating. Be safe, happy and well. smile

14. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Well, it's over now and I'm watching a Doctor Who marathon, all the Christmas episodes and the new one tonight smile

1. camlo profile image84

Dr. Who? You mean the one with the Tardis?
      Being here in Germany for most of the time, I don't get much opportunity to see it, and I miss it.
      At work, on one of our ships, there's a cake vitrine that looks like the Tardis, except it has windows so people can see the cake inside, of course. I told somebody about this once, and they looked at me as though I'd gone completely mad.

1. Joy56 profile image61
        Joy56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Even the New Year is over now, back to the old routine

working