jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Promotional Links?

1. nell79 profile image86
    nell79posted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on how to save money when buying cars a while ago, and I went back to it today to add some links that I thought complimented the topic for saving money. There were 5 links total, three of them for articles on ehow. My hub was pulled for being overly promotional because of having 3 links to the same domain (eHow).

So would this happen if you list more than one hub in the links section too?

Also, I saw the highlight on the hub before reading the email and didn't think that there was a problem, so I just resubmitted it for publication after taking off one of the links for eHow. Is it going to get me banned? I sure hope not sad

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no ban. relax smile

Link as many hub as you want, you can use tracker also in those links. no problem. restriction is only for outside domain.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

more than 2 links to a same domain from a hub or plenty of links to a same domain from many different hubs is not allowed.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

You may link to as many hubs as you wish.  I typically use RSS feeds to link to 8 or 10, plus several textual links in the body.

Don't forget that links can happen in the URL's of photos as well as link capsules or textual links.

nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll have to try the RSS feeds when I'm less sleep deprived. I couldn't figure it out the last time I tried haha

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

take a rss capsule>insert your feed link and here is your feed http://hubpages.com/author/your profile name/latest/?rss ,replace "your profile name" by nell79. you can use best or hot too. You find the feed under your profile pics in your profile where is a option "subscribe to nell79" just above "follow nell76" option. copy the link location from there taking the mouse over the option and clicking the right button. And job done.

for more detail visit http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds by Edweirdo. you can learn how customized rss are made from here too.

4. bcatgray profile image59
    bcatgrayposted 6 years ago

I didn't know that. Thanks for asking the question, nell79. I've learned something new today. Especially that the links from the photos count as outside links. :-)

nell79posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's always good when we learn from other people mistakes, rather than our own  lol

5. nell79 profile image86
    nell79posted 6 years ago

Well, three of my links were for the same domain, but it was a site much like hubpages (only not as cool wink ). I did take one off. Hopefully that will make it go through okay. We'll see.....

working