jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)

how to get followers

1. iceangel profile image61
    iceangelposted 5 years ago

how can one get followers.......on hubpages

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 5 years ago in reply to this

By not asking same questions again n again... http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/62903#post1386927

1. xixi12 profile image86
        xixi12posted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. Trsmd profile image59
      Trsmdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you want more followers join others ask request them to follow you..

1. saleheensblog profile image59
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

never do it, this is the worst thing to do. never ask for following you. Write quality content, participate in forum and help others, leave insightful comments, answer questions and follow quality hubbers. you will be followed automatically. There in no point of begging pity or spamming. Forget any short cut method. Hard work and only hard work can bring you more followers.

Let me remind you one thing; getting more follower don't help you earning money at all. It's totally the social side of HP. If you want to earn your main concern should be organic traffic. If you want to get more followers just be social and responsible. That's it.

1. Edlira profile image77
          Edliraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perfectly expressed my point as well :-)!

2. mrfluffy profile image71
          mrfluffyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well said

2. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

Ice Angel, people will follow you if they like what you write. If they don't like what you write, nobody is going to follow you. So, if nobody is following you, then you need to do work on writing your hubs well.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If only that were true. Unfortunately, some follow in hopes that you will follow back.

Free advice for those folks: a lot of us absolutely will NOT.

3. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Followers are not what are instrumental in the success of hubpages. But they certainly do help. My suggestion is to make hubs and be active on the forums. Show that you want to learn and that you are improving. Also read and comment on other people's hubs.

Other than that, there is no other way to really get followers.

4. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 5 years ago

Just continue to be active.  There are new people who are looking for followers all the time.  Make yourself visible.

5. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

People who ask how to get followers have not yet grasped why people follow other people. If I follow you it means you have written some good content and you're sharing it with me. I mean not even agree with what you write but if your writing style is good or I like your hubs, I'll follow.

You seem to be young and at that age having a large number of followers is an accomplishment in itself. Forget that idea and focus on your own work to make sure it is high quality.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile About right. Which was what I tried to tell him... I've been quite surprised to have people follow me as it wasn't what I set out to do. I set out to learn what was required and execute it in the best way I knew how. And I'm still learning! smile

6. TheManWithNoPants profile image75
    TheManWithNoPantsposted 5 years ago

Remove your pants?

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol another good reason to put your pants on in the morning  lol

7. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

followers will come over time for various reasons. follow those you enjoy reading, comment on hubs, help out when you can, follow topics you write about.

this is not completely true. followers who sign up on your page and become referrals can definitely help your earnings if they write quality hubs. it's not all social. they also can help by networking via Facebook.

most of all, don't put your focus on obtaining followers. put your focus on your writing and they will come. enjoy HP.

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 5 years ago

getting followers?  easy - hang around, goof off, write, write, write, make friends - but then, the real question is "How do you get your followers to read and comments on what you write here?"

I have NO idea!

9. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Wear a bright high visibility vest, jump up and down a lot, wave furiously, scream and shout, or offer money...

If all else fails just publish lots of silly Hubs and write daft stuff in the forum like I do... Still don't have many followers though... big_smile

10. Lita C. Malicdem profile image82
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 5 years ago

Write, Read, Follow, Vote Nominees- carefully and honestly, I guess

11. imatellmuva profile image86
    imatellmuvaposted 5 years ago

You're funee Midnight Oil! I"m going to follow you RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

1. Midnight Oil profile image91
      Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, but I am not sure where I am going ?   Got a map or sat nav smile

12. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

I noticed I have lots of followers when a hub of mine is always featured in the front page (old HP feature) and once your author score is high and reached 100 you get a lot of followers too.

13. yenajeon profile image84
    yenajeonposted 5 years ago

Hate to make it sound bad, but if you want followers just participate in forums. I see people with 5 hubs, 4,000 posts and 1,000 followers (because of forums, duh). The reason I have so few followers for my time here? I usually stay away from forums!

14. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 5 years ago

sont ask others to follow you, that bad, its rather simple, write quality content and activily participate in forums giving advice and then you will get results

15. arthurchappell profile image60
    arthurchappellposted 5 years ago

I follow writers who'se writings I like, as I want to see more of their work. Hubs are not like Myspace where people just accumulate friends by clicking everyone in sight. Be selective - people who show strong regular interest in my own Hubs get my attention as they probably write about similar stuff that I write about and their friends do too. If I like your hubs, chances are i'll be interested in your friends too as they may well also have hubs on the topics that drew you under my radar. Never add a friend without knowing what they write and only pick the ones that do it really well for you. Add them, and look in on their new hubs, comment on heir writings, award them karma-points, etc. That's how the hubs move.