jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

What Do Marketers on Hubpages do when....

1. Richieb799 profile image61
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

....the products in your product reviews get outdated and the hubs lose traffic?

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Write product hubs with more than one product, so as and when products get outdated, you can simply replace the product with another product.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

comes to forum and makes a post mentioning "Drastic Traffic Drop"

Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

WHat do you mean Saleheen? I was asking advice about writing product reviews that last. Traffic is always fluctuating, I know that from my 13 months lol

3. Brooke Lorren profile image61
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You could do a couple of things -

Update the product links.
      Ignore the hub - there's other fish in the sea.
      Make big changes.

This can apply to any hub.  In some cases it makes sense to update it.  One of my first articles over at Associated Content has over 58,000 page views.  It's about the HGTV Dream Home, and I know that it will be a hotly searched topic over the next three months.  Since I originally wrote it in 2009 and it can be edited, I'm updating it for the upcoming season.  Hopefully it will get some added Google oomph while it gets changed too.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

As long as you keep the title and URL somewhat specific, can't you just go in and add updated products?

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, do that, and, if the product is just outdated, like VHS, then just sit on it for a few years and then change the title to "Retro Electronics: VHS players are the new aphrodesiac."

LOL its funny how we change titles like that! I had one for Ryder Cup 2010, now I changed it to Ryder Cup 2012

2. Richieb799 profile image61

I guess you could add updated products, seems like a lot of fussy about mind.

3. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Updating it is probably the best if the URL allows it and you have new products. Otherwise, write a new hub that will earn you money for the next few years. It might be better to have specific information and earn a lot from that. When the hub dies, write a new one with once again specific information. It is not evergreen content but you know that whenever you set out to write product hubs.

working